Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn my wheel more than 75% to the left or right I get a bunch of warning lights. Traction control, abs, hill assist am not available. They clear in about 2 minutes. It's a 2015 mkc with 70k miles. Just checking to see if you guys had any ideas before I bring it in.

Thanks

Administrator
all those components are integrated to the wheel speed sensor. why turning the wheel would initiate the error is beyond me though

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have done more checking. Could it be the electric steering is drawing too much current and causing one of the computers to drop out? The faults go out after about 2 minutes. I am thinking it could be the rack or maybe the alternator. Maybe even the battery. I measured the battery voltage when running it was about 14.6volts. When you turn the wheel the voltage goes down a little maybe 13.8. It only has the problem when steering at low engine speeds.

Registered
sounds like you need to look underneath... at the rack and pinion / steering rack. ( can't hurt to look at the rest of the suspension and cv joints.)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds like you need to look underneath... at the rack and pinion / steering rack. ( can't hurt to look at the rest of the suspension and cv joints.)

I have looked underneath. Everything seems fine. I used forscan to get the codes but I cant tell from the codes what is wrong. It is losing connection to one of the modules. Codes are UO401, UO415 and UO198.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brought it to the local Ford dealer yesterday. They replaced the passenger wheel sensor, wheel bearing(tone ring) and the speed sensor connector. Problem still there. The tech told me it was showing a open circuit between the abs module and speed sensor but he did not find the problem. They didn't charge me anything so I'm going to the Lincoln dealer on Thursday to see if I can get this fixed. It seems like they should be able to run a temporary test circuit between the abs module and the speed sensor. Where is the abs module? Anybody got a pin in/out wiring diagram of the abs module?

Sanman

Administrator
Greg wasn't that one hit? Was it hit in the passenger front? If so I would look into wiring. If you need I can get you the pinout. Let me know!

Administrator
okay give me a day or two and I will send you a pinout via PM

Administrator
Ok got it fixed. There was a wire on the wheel speed sensor wire between the strut and the body that when flexed was broken.
Yup that sounds correct. Congratulations on the fix!!!

Registered
When I turn my wheel more than 75% to the left or right I get a bunch of warning lights. Traction control, abs, hill assist am not available. They clear in about 2 minutes. It's a 2015 mkc with 70k miles. Just checking to see if you guys had any ideas before I bring it in.

Thanks
I just started having this same issue. Last week my 15 MKC turned off while driving, when I had about a quarter of a tank (did this two separate occasions) I took it to Lincoln and it turned out it was a bad sensor. They fixed it and did over $1400 suggested maintenance (filters, break/tranny/coolant fluids flush and new spark plugs tire rotation and full synthetic oil change) since I have over 100k on it now and they said everything else looked fine.

I thought everything was fixed. However, the next day I was making a left-hand turn while accelerating and on two separate occasions lost power and multiple warning light came on such as the ones you mentioned with your issue, when I straighten out all was fine and about two mins later all lights turned off. I did about two years ago have someone hit me on the driver side tire area and do about 5k damage they had to replace that wheel and arm and get new bearings and bumper, but I haber never had any issue until they fixed that bad fuel pressure sensor. Do you think it got messed up by the dealership or their collision center?

ALSO, I was needing to make a 4 hour trip today and back. Do you think I would be okay to drive or do I risk the wire snapping? What do you recommend?

I do have an appointment to have the current issue looked at on Wednesday by Lincoln.

thanks for you help! Have a happy 4th!
Speedometer Car Tachometer Odometer Gauge

Administrator
Regarding your trip, it won鈥檛 hurt anything if you lose your wheel speed sensor except you will not have any safety features like stability control and antilock brakes which if you get into trouble would be nice to have especially being looks like srs system has problems as well

1 - 13 of 13 Posts