Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!

So a quick introduction, I'm a newly impressed Lincoln owner. I just purchased a 2018 MKC for my son after looking around at some other competitive small SUVs. We actually never meant to test drive the MKC, but we were next door at the Volvo dealer driving the XC40 and the MKC caught my sons eye. Needless to say the price with the current promotions caught my eye as well!
We ended up test driving the MKC at night (a long day of dealer hopping) and the "signature" light piping was clearly visible. My son was surprised to learn the next day that they're virtually unnoticeable during the day. I didnt get the higher priced package that includes the additional LED stop below, and now I'm wondering if anyone has taken a shot at adding them?
It seems like it would be a fun project for us to do together, although possibly a little above our paygrade automotive skill wise.
If anyone has any advise as to any universal kits that could work, or possibly even getting the OEM parts and putting them in.

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you so much! I think this is exactly what I was looking for!
Well we actually wanted a small SUV for him, so we we actually test drove the Audi Q3, BMW X1, Acura RDX, and Volvo XC40. The Lincoln dealer was in the same parking lot as the Volvo dealer. (Massachusettes, Herb Chamber dealerships) My son mentioned that he really liked the MKC while we were waiting for a test drive at the Volvo dealer, so we went there afterwords. He really liked it, and it was really reasonably priced. I would prefer he drive a Volvo, but I'm very happy with this purchase so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lucky

Can I just say I wish I had you as a parent? Those are all VERY good cars and not usually ones to start off drivers, especially brand new ones.

As a new Lincoln MKC owner myself, I think you made a great choice. It is one of the nicest drives I've ever experienced.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Parenting: LEVEL 10! Took me until 35 to even eye a Lincoln! And once I did, now a proud owner of the MKC! Hope you and your son have fun doing some modifications on it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts