Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Had to jump my 2016 MKC this morning. I had to put it in neutral and push it back to get it into position to jump it. Car won't go out of neutral! Any ideas?
Thanks

Super Moderator
Is neutral light flashing?

Super Moderator
That sounds like you're just in staying neutral mode, I assume you've tried to shift back to park, did you have your foot on the brake when you did?

Does the instrument cluster show that you're in neutral?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
That sounds like you're just in staying neutral mode, I assume you've tried to shift back to park, did you have your foot on the brake when you did?

Does the instrument cluster show that you're in neutral?
I did try to shift back to park with my foot on the brake. It shows in neutral and the the light is flashing. Followed the instructions in the owners manual and still can't get it out of neutral. Found some info regarding the reset button in the center console. Pressed that but it went back to neutral flashing.

Super Moderator
Yeah typically that button in the center console is so you can put it in neutral if you don't have the keys, Man without codes I don't think I can be any more help for you

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah typically that button in the center console is so you can put it in neutral if you don't have the keys, Man without codes I don't think I can be any more help for you
I hear you! Thanks for the effort. I've been told I need to have the computer reset. They said it happens sometimes after the battery dies and is jumped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts