Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had to have our 2019 MKC towed to Anderson Ford in Kingman, AZ on Friday due to a bad battery. It is now Monday night. They told us that there were no loaner cars available. They still have the car and we need another car to pick up someone at the airport.
This is for a dead battery!! This dealership has always screwed us. How can we get good service?
Bill Gildersleeve

Administrator
Sounds like a dealership issue there. These batteries are a little bit more intricate than just swapping a battery in, but not much more. I don't think you'd get anybody at O'Reilly or advance to do it for you. So short of finding another dealership. I don't know what to tell you

Registered
Just swap out the battery myself this past Saturday. These MKCs with their sensitive electronics seems to eat the batteries every 40 months for me without fail. I was gonna wait until Monday to take it to the dealership, but because I needed to take a fairly long trip (100 miles round trip), I decided to do it myself. The hardest part is to take out the air box and be gentle with all the cables. Took me 30 minutes to remove the battery and 20 the put everything back. All of an hour with 10 minutes spent on YouTube. Doing this also saved me at least $120 plus time spent going back and forth to Lincoln.

In hindsight, although it was pretty straightforward, I would NEVER trust AutoZone or O'Reily or anyone else but the dealership and myself to do it again. There are just too many things that COULD go wrong for someone who's never worked on these batteries before. And if they are too cocky/careless, the result would be catastrophic as you may need to replace cable, sensor, or all of the above.

Sorry you had issues with the dealership, mine in SW Houston posted signs all around the service areas since early last year that they are facing severe loaner shortages because of the chip shortage, but it's NOT impossible to get one. When I had them work on the transmission on their dime, I was in a '22 Continental for about a month and no one never rushed me or call me about it.

Bottomline is, Ford is NOT Lincoln in terms of their services and amenities no matter what they may claim. If you do not have a Lincoln dealership that you can work with, and current one is giving you the runaround, you can call Lincoln Concerige to see if they can help you out. I would also advise you strongly to communicate with any dealership of your expectations before dropping off the car so this won't happen again.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts