Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
The 2015 MKC Premire Lincoln i have had for a year has depreciated more than 50% even though the vehicle has only 31k on it at this point. I had to replace the rear brakes , lousy Michelin tires, and have a cracked front seat cover replaced under warranty . To add the battery took a dump which is a total suprise. The extended warranty ends in early 2022 and at the price of repairs it is a concern not to have any warranty. Anyone else shopping for an extended warranty?

Those Michelin tires were awful...I thought something was wrong with my car because they wore out in 20k miles and cupped. I have a set of generals on now ( cheap Walmart tires) that are multiple times better than those terrible Michelins. As for the rest of your concerns I have not seen them. Sorry to hijack your post but I wanted to commiserate about those tires.

I'm concerned about the seat cover being replaced, where did the seat crack on you? Was it in the vinyl section or the leatherette section?

Registered
I'm missing info. When did you buy it? how much did you pay? I got a 2017 (~24k miles) in 2018 and paid around $31k and currently the dealers are asking between 23-26k (various miles) for a Reserve. Tires are tires. I too loved my General tires called Altimax on my Nissan. The battery issues seem to be a common thing. And changing that battery is a nightmare. I have heard people have unusual wear on the rear brakes. Not sure if it's poor materials or debris getting stuck in there.
TO address your concern... I would decide what to do when you get to a month or two prior to your warranty expiring. So enjoy it vs worry about it. My plan it is to sell prior to warranty expiration.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
With 27k on rhe MKC a year ago i walked into the dealer and settled on a $20,000 price including tax, title and whatever additional fees. It took the morons at the dealer an hour to write the contract because all the numbers had to add up to 20k. The vehicle listed for more than 35k and i was aware of the pitted rear brake rotors. What i missed was the damn drivers seat right where your left butt cheek would be had about 8 cracks an inch long. That was fixed under the certified warranty. The Michelins were replaced by Continentals after extensive research about tires on the "Tire Rack". The main reason for the vehicle was being on a 20k budget with a list of needs. Warranty, power passenger seat being a must. The likes are the ride but not in the city and the killer sound system. The front seat lacks enough padding as we had on the last Toyota Sienna seats which put the LIncoln to shame.

Super Moderator
We purchased our mostly loaded 2015 MKC in September of 2014. It was brand new at that time, so rebates were limited. We qualified for the Ford/Lincoln x-plan and the price after discounts was just under 50k (if memory serves correctly). Now six years later we just traded in the MKC with 46,000 miles for $18,500. Loss of around 30k in six years. I am not too surprised or shocked by this. I don't think the drastic depreciation is specific to the MKC or even Lincoln. From what I've experienced, domestic luxury models never hold their value as well as their German or Japanese counterparts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts