Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.0 awd mkc 2015 with 52,000 miles. Long story shortened I need a new engine. 馃槱
I see there are two generation. As I shop for a used engine what generation should I look for?

Administrator
There is one man that got coolant stop leak to fix the head gasket/block failure issue. If that is your issue it can't hurt anything because you need a new short block if you are leaking. As for the differences between a 2015 -2016 motor vs a 2017 -2018 motor, I don't think there is much, I know the block issues are present to 2018. At 2020 with the Cosair it is a totally different motor (made solely by Ford, the 1st generation is a Mazda/Ford creation)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's not my problem. If it was I would just do a head gasket. For many reasons I wouldn't use stop leak in place of a flat surface and proper gasket.
I was looking at this reman engine. It looks s little different but all the sensors look like they are in the same spot.

Registered
I've heard of horror stories of ebay engines. I hope they have good reviews and return policy. How many miles do they advertise it? Is there no used engines from auto parts yards, in your area, that stand behind their engines?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That's is a 0 miles reman engine 90day warranty.
There are engines near me at wrecking yards, ill call to see what they have. My mkc has 51,000 miles . I'm looking for a engine with that or less than to go back in my mkc.
I'm just doing g my homework so I know. I like to know as much as I can so I could make the best choice. Some engine modles have updates that are and aren't compatible. Some have larger engines that are a direct drop In mechanically and electrically.
Doesn't hurt to ask and learn. As of now I'm just looking for the lowest mile direct swap engine I could purchase.

Administrator
That's not my problem. If it was I would just do a head gasket.
unfortunately it is more than a head gasket ( I just researched this a few months ago). I hope they figure out some sort of a gasket replacement some day but as the gasket fails it causes cavitation to the block coolant channels ruining the block.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
unfortunately it is more than a head gasket ( I just researched this a few months ago). I hope they figure out some sort of a gasket replacement some day but as the gasket fails it causes cavitation to the block coolant channels ruining the block.
Funny I was just reading about that . Ive never had any common head gasket tell tale signs that I know of. My engine has extreme blow by and allot of metal shavings in the oil. My vct wont function properly because the oil pressure is so low. I have 52,000 miles 100% STOCK, nice huh. Im not 100% sure what it is but Im guessing PINCHED ring land and a spun bearing from the shavings.
One my two toys . My compound cummins and turbo sbc its common practice to oring the head. Ive done both mine . I run 110 psi on my cummins , I could / do daily drive when I want. Its very simple to do or have done by a competent machinist. They just machine .030 groves into the cylinder head using .039 stainless wire( depending on gasket size is wire size) that will pinch when clamped between your cylinder head and your blocks head gasket. I did mine with my knee mill nothing special to do it. Keeps your head gasket sealed under extreme conditions.
It may be a fix the eco boost crowd is looking for and once done it will stay with the head for life.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts