Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Which grille do you prefer for the Lincoln MKC?

• The current whale tail grille

Votes: 19 63.3%
  • The new grille found on the Continental concept and MKZ

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincoln is changing up their grille (which seems a bit soon considering they pretty recently did a major redesign of the brand, including the grille). The Continental and MKZ show the new grille in the flesh, and it is very different from the MKC's whale tail grille.

When the MKC gets an update, would you prefer to see the new Lincoln grille, or would you prefer to keep the current MKC grille?

Here is a render of the MKC with the new grille...

And here is the new grill eon the Continental and MKZ...

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hate the new one, love the current look.....the new grille looks soo cheap and undefined....It's something I expect to see on a GM pickup!....and I'm no fan of GM products.
Back lightning it takes you back to the 80's when florescent tubes were the rage underneath the car...this would have the same effect.
Less in this case, is definitely more....

·
Registered
276 Posts
Another vote for the current grille. Maybe they can keep the winged opening and go to the newer mesh instead of the bars. (as long as it does not end up looking like a Kia)
Ford/Lincoln needs to stop grafting Aston style grilles on everything down to Fiestas like they have. It's over, you sold it, now come up with your own stylish look. Like you HAVE with the winged grille.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Another vote for the current grille. Maybe they can keep the winged opening and go to the newer mesh instead of the bars. (as long as it does not end up looking like a Kia)
Ford/Lincoln needs to stop grafting Aston style grilles on everything down to Fiestas like they have. It's over, you sold it, now come up with your own stylish look. Like you HAVE with the winged grille.
Yeah back lighting might be a little over the top but the symbol lit up like the continental will look nice, more understated...

On the grille I agree it can look good if they keep the same split design like you say. I'm on the fence because I do really like it on the continental. Up close it has Lincoln "links" and I really like it, different than a lot cars using "slats". Does look like Ashton from a distance as you said.

I actually do like it on the new MKZ too. I don't think the split wing looks as good on that car actually now that I see this. I think a lot of Lincoln lovers are going to have a hard time with the change as it seems a lot of people on this forum are not keen on the change.

But putting that grille on the MKC and MKX as is...I don't know about that. It's just the way the hood slopes down that lends itself more to the current split wing, just has a very nice flow and look from the front. The new grille doesn't look bad, it's just not as "original" I guess. But maybe that's what Lincoln thinks, people are buying the other cars with the similar grilles..they are trying to expand their sales and those grilles apparently appeal to a lot of car buyers (or buyers care more about other looks and features than the grille)

If they shaped it right I think it could look really nice. I'm thinking with the new MKX design with the 360 camera that "pops" out of the front symbol they might need to keep the front grille split but who knows.

I'm busy the next few days for New Years but when I have time I'll photoshop the new grill pattern on the split wing to see how it looks. I do like the Lincoln link pattern, I think using that on a grille design that really fits the design of the car would look great. Blankster mentioned possible exterior changes in 2018...maybe it's the grille they are changing.

Regardless of how nice the cars look Lincoln needs to get on top of the quality/service issues first. I love my car but the problems are going to prevent me (and many others)from wanting to buy another Lincoln no matter how much I like their grille design or not(or any other feature of the car) :frown

·
Registered
149 Posts
Got to say I prefer the split grille. More unique and easily identifiable. I suppose in certain kinds of fender benders one also stands a better chance of having to replace only half a grille instead of the entire big thing.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Let's be glad we have the split wing now...wonder when and "if" they will change. Is there definite confirmation yet or just speculation?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The split wing I think is more distinctive & appropriate on the MKC. The other grill fits the Continental & MKZ better. Just my thoughts.

·
Registered
881 Posts
The only other "grille" I like more than my brushed bright metal, is expressonmac's blacked out split wing.....yours sure sets my heart aflutter mac....stunning!

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Love the old grill, love the new grill.

May trade in my 2013 MKZ for the 2017 MKZ with the new grill. Depends on what it looks like in person (can't wait for the Atlanta Car Show in March).

With the wider, taller stance, the MKC might be a different story though, it all depends on how the designers do it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I say keep the split wings on the SUVs and new grille for the sedans IMO.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Like the old grille. New grille is not very distinctive...very generic.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I honestly prefer the new grille design, IMHO it looks more luxury and may bring more customers from european brand to look at lincoln.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As for the grille itself I like the split design of the current MKC. Split that mesh into the tail design and it brings back the old school Lincoln grille and meshes it with new style.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I really like the new grill design. The problem is that it would cost me thousands in depreciation if I traded my '17 Reserve in for a new one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Personally I like the old model grill. It was more unique, the new one OK I guess but it seems like there is competition with everybody trying to see how massive the grill can be and I believe proper proportion is taking a back seat to size.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts