Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2017 Certified MKC Reserve. It lists the imbedded modem in the window sticker. I cannot get the Lincoln Way app to connect. If I go into the sync screen the modem number is blank. I called the dealer and spoke to their "tech guy" who told me that this modem is not used for that, they didn't start that until 2018. I don't think he is correct from what I am reading. Should I see a modem number and should I be able to connect with the app?

Thanks

Super Moderator
I have a 2017 and mine shows a serial number for the embedded modem. If you want to physically check let me know and I will explain where to find it.

As for whether the modem is the cause for the app not working, I don't know. I always thought the modem was for the app but I am not sure.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2017 and mine shows a serial number for the embedded modem. If you want to physically check let me know and I will explain where to find it.

As for whether the modem is the cause for the app not working, I don't know. I always thought the modem was for the app but I am not sure.
Yes if you could point me to where it is that would be great.

Registered
I have a 鈥17 and it shows the modem serial number under settings as well. My understanding is also that that鈥檚 the only purpose for the modem. To connect your car to the app.

Super Moderator
@wtrskinut1 Okay the modem is located in the center console at the very front end under the air distribution boxes. The only thing you have to take of to see it is the trim that covers up the right side of the center console. Like everything in this car it is a little difficult to remove even though it is just clipped in. The easiest way to remove it is to remove the passenger seat, then the rear trim on the center console and then the side cover starting from to rear to the front.

I think they had modem issues in the early years of the MKC but I thought they were fixed by 2017. If I were you I would go to the dealership and tell them you know there is an issue because you have "looked" at other MKCs with the modem showing up in the settings, escalate it to Lincoln customer service if they don't take care of your problem! All reserves should have a modem, it was standard.

Registered
When I first got my used 2017 I had a problem connecting car to app. they had to reset the modem.
I walked in the service center asking help to connect app and the two people were unable to connect so they brought the car into the back and did some resetting and all was fixed.

Registered
Just bought a 2017 Certified MKC Reserve. It lists the imbedded modem in the window sticker. I cannot get the Lincoln Way app to connect. If I go into the sync screen the modem number is blank. I called the dealer and spoke to their "tech guy" who told me that this modem is not used for that, they didn't start that until 2018. I don't think he is correct from what I am reading. Should I see a modem number and should I be able to connect with the app?

Thanks
[/QUOTE

I have a 2015 MKC and I use the app to schedule start my car and monitor my gas, oil, and tires! I just downloaded the app and put in my vin number

1 - 7 of 7 Posts