Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else experienced their outside rearview mirrors "ratcheting" back and forth when opening the drivers side door?
This has happened infrequently on the drivers side and recently on the passenger side.
Stops when engine is started or when I adjust the setting, mirrors then return to correct preset position.

Dealer of course cannot repeat and every time this has happened I have left my iPhone in the house and cannot record the event.
I'll be prepared next time!

Anyone else experience this and if so has it been cured and how...………
Thx!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yeah a few times, but not in a while. It was most noticeable when I start it up after my wife had driven it and when I select/depress the seat memory button for me with the mirrors folded in. It has not done it in a while, but I also set up the MKC to receive wifi from my house so it also does SW updates automatically.

·
Registered
733 Posts
What year is your vehicle? Our 2016 went through a series of reprogramming new mirror motors etc. The best guess is wiring is the mirrors are the problem. That means new mirrors that have to be painted. We took a pass and just live with it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes it's happened to our 2019 Reserve twice so far in the last month or so. The passenger side mirror both times, and it settles down when I switch between driver's seat settings. Annoying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts