Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Wednesday we flew from Miami to Detroit to pick up our new MKC Black Label at Crest Lincoln in Sterling Heights. We literally got a red carpet treatment, as they had the MKC on a red carpet in the showroom. It was love at first sight.

Crest really went all out to make us feel great. From my wife's email being @umich.edu they realized she was a U Michigan grad went out and got all sorts of University of Michigan items (blanket, coffee mugs, keychain, etc) and put it all together with an unbelievable basket of goodies that were waiting for us in the trunk of the MKC. She looooooooved it.

Shannon was amazing walking us through everything about the car, including Sync 3. And after a couple of hours at Crest, we took off on our first adventure!

We visited two National Parks, stayed with friends in Georgia and family in Tampa before making it back to Miami. And the weather could not have been nicer.

And as far as the MKC, we absolutely love it. It's been perfect. No issues after over 1,700 miles. Just crossing our fingers it stays that way. mmoretti, we thought about you and all the questions you've asked. I'll have more details for you later or on other posts.

BTW, the amazing photos I know my wife will take will come later. For now, here are the ones we have.

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
On Wednesday we flew from Miami to Detroit to pick up our new MKC Black Label at Crest Lincoln in Sterling Heights. We literally got a red carpet treatment, as they had the MKC on a red carpet in the showroom. It was love at first sight.

Crest really went all out to make us feel great. From my wife's email being @umich.edu they realized she was a U Michigan grad went out and got all sorts of University of Michigan items (blanket, coffee mugs, keychain, etc) and put it all together with an unbelievable basket of goodies that were waiting for us in the trunk of the MKC. She looooooooved it.

Shannon was amazing walking us through everything about the car, including Sync 3. And after a couple of hours at Crest, we took off on our first adventure!

We visited two National Parks, stayed with friends in Georgia and family in Tampa before making it back to Miami. And the weather could not have been nicer.

And as far as the MKC, we absolutely love it. It's been perfect. No issues after over 1,700 miles. Just crossing our fingers it stays that way. mmoretti, we thought about you and all the questions you've asked. I'll have more details for you later or on other posts.

BTW, the amazing photos I know my wife will take will come later. For now, here are the ones we have.
Wow! That was nice of them. Been awaiting your pictures/reports :grin:grin Was thinking of you guys and the nice weather for your trip, great luck hopefully with lots more great luck with the car to follow! Congrats!

Beautiful, the blue looks great in both low light and in the sun. Love the black label wheel caps. The indulgence seats don't look that much darker than the hazelnut in the picture. They have the "L" pattern right? Really like the black grille. Would love to see some more shots of the interior and close ups of the grille (when you have time of course)

Would also love to see some mammoth caves shots and others taken by your wife on your MKC's inaugural trip!

Glad your travels were safe and trouble free! Look forward to some more photos and keep us updated on some of your other black label perks like the dining experience. I don't believe anyone else here has done that yet or at least commented on it.

Again beautiful car, good luck!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Congrats on a killer looking ride expressomac....loving the black grille, really stands out better than the bright metal I have....great looking wheels too, they appear to be 20" rims,interior looks simply stunning...the Mrs seems to be quite happy that the wait is finally over!
It's always nice to have a planned trip for a new ride, and at 1,700 miles it's not exactly down the road and across the street...all this without a single hiccup ( exactly what WE all love to hear).
The colour is just exquisite...so rich and pronounced.The dealership experience was icing on your cake, very thoughtful of them to create such a warm inviting welcome for the both of you,I wish you nothing but continued joy & happiness with the new ride!
3 thumbs up!!!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Super dealer treatment for sure! That blue is very pretty (but more a Duke blue than Big Blue I think)
A Spartie like me just has to comment..............
Welcome to the clan here!

·
Registered
644 Posts
I love the colour also. I got my MKC in white this time because I am tired of having a dirty looking car all the time since a dark coloured car is very difficult to keep clean when you live up here, especially during the winter months. Of course white gets dirty too but it just doesn't seem to show the dirt as much.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I love the colour also. I got my MKC in white this time because I am tired of having a dirty looking car all the time since a dark coloured car is very difficult to keep clean when you live up here, especially during the winter months. Of course white gets dirty too but it just doesn't seem to show the dirt as much.
Completely agree too,My Mustang GTCS is a Candy Apple Red, and shows dirt quite easily, it is why it has been washed,waxed and is gonna spend winter listening to Q107 in my garage. The MKC in a white pearl coat hardly shows the dirt, which is why I went with this colour....
With this said, I keep ALL my cars sparking clean, even in winter months....but it's a lot easier to maintain this lighter colour than the deep candy apple red,hands down!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Completely agree too,My Mustang GTCS is a Candy Apple Red, and shows dirt quite easily, it is why it has been washed,waxed and is gonna spend winter listening to Q107 in my garage. The MKC in a white pearl coat hardly shows the dirt, which is why I went with this colour....
With this said, I keep ALL my cars sparking clean, even in winter months....but it's a lot easier to maintain this lighter colour than the deep candy apple red,hands down!
Our MKC is the first white vehicle we ever owned. The previous Ford Edge was a dark red that almost looked black. It showed a lot of dirt and any paint chip really stood out. Sp far I like the white better.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Our MKC is the first white vehicle we ever owned. The previous Ford Edge was a dark red that almost looked black. It showed a lot of dirt and any paint chip really stood out. Sp far I like the white better.
No offense to the white car owners but no white for me. It just doesn't "pop" at all no matter how well you care for it. Not enough contrast with your chrome or other metal...Just my opinion.

Now actually this white pearl is VERY nice for white. My husband almost had me talked into it...I've seen some Lexus whites that have been pretty nice in that they "popped" being especially bright and eye catching. I'm not a huge silver fan either because it's so common but our SRX had a very bright eye catching silver that I liked.

I disagree about white always looking cleaner, maybe from far away. Maybe salt or water spits don't show up as much but that's worse in my opinion; I want to see that stuff and get it off my paint ASAP.

I personally always gravitate towards darker colors, just think when the car/paint is cared for it looks so much better. Put my sparkling black up against the white and there's just no way...this tuxedo black is filled with sparkly flake you can see from 20 feet away on a sunny day. The products I've been using literally give a 3D effect. People notice and have commented multiple times on it.

It does require effort though (sounds like candy knows). The key is staying on top of it from the beginning. It literally takes me less than 15 minutes to wax my car. 5 minutes to spray wax it. I also clay/paint cleanse/polish a few times a year to keep the paint contaminant free and smooth so the wax results are better. I feel it's worth the effort.

It does drive me crazy seeing it dirty which is unavoidable in the coldest winter months. Looks like we will be having mid 50 to 60 degree weather here right into January which is crazy! So happy to see my MKC still perfectly clean and know I will be able to keep it that way another month or more...

·
Registered
881 Posts
As a colour, the Candy Apple Red is just stunning....after I'm done washing, drying,clay baring it...then waxing...it just comes alive with deep shine.
Pretty much my paint is pretty impeccable,mostly because I care for it and take time maintaining it.
It has this crazy depth, almost looks like it's been dipped in liquid clear goo lol....literally like a candy red apple you buy at a fair!
Weapon of choice is Auto Glam just an incredible product line....made in the UK....best part, it lasts and lasts!

·
Registered
881 Posts
But come on candy, put them side by side and tell me the extra effort for the red isn't worth it :smile
Hands down...
Completely agree 100%....I love the pearl white on the C but there is really no comparison between the two.

·
Registered
881 Posts
How do I attach a pic?

·
Registered
881 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
New to this desktop Mac....just got it a few weeks ago and still learning how to use it... but figuring it out pretty fast!

·
Registered
881 Posts
mmoretti....I agree with you regarding the black, looks stunning BUT, and yes there is a BUT: I swore black off years ago,it's one of the hardest colours to maintain ( keep clean) been there, done that!
Dust just shows on it at the blink of an eye...minutes after you just detailed a black ride, you'll notice dust settling right on it!.....drove me nuts and then some, lol!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Yes, that's the one drawback to the Midnight Sapphire as well...as soon as it's clean, you see it start get dirty again.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts