Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my first service....new oil and filter,checked ALL fluids, topped washer fluid ( I was almost empty) and to my surprise they washed and cleaned the interior...car was returned in like new condition, with a "health" report...and a curtesy new air freshener hanging off my rear facing mirror.....all tire pressures were checked, all were within spec.....the final NICE touch was the guy put 3 layers of absorbent paper floor mats they use so they don't track shop debris into your ride.....he said to me these will help absorb all the melted snow and protect your pant leg!
nice touch!
They also read codes as a matter of peace of mind, and found none!....very happy with how that went!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Thats great news - Is this a Lincoln only dealer? I believe the wash/detailing is part of the service.. We brought ours in to repair a flat and it came back detailed! We were very impressed! We have a Lincoln only dealer.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope blankster, it's a Ford/ Lincoln dealer in Peterborough....the oil fill was with Mobil 1....ZERO cost...This is the same place I bought my Mustang GT in 2011...awesome place and great staff....
You know...he did let me know they were going to ask it, but initially said to him....it's all slush out there, says back, Mario looks too dirty we'll clean it but won't dry it...however they blue all the wash water off came almost dry lol I was impressed with the interior tho

·
Registered
733 Posts
Nope blankster, it's a Ford/ Lincoln dealer in Peterborough....the oil fill was with Mobil 1....ZERO cost...This is the same place I bought my Mustang GT in 2011...awesome place and great staff....
You know...he did let me know they were going to ask it, but initially said to him....it's all slush out there, says back, Mario looks too dirty we'll clean it but won't dry it...however they blue all the wash water off came almost dry lol I was impressed with the interior tho
I believe you are in Canada where the recommended fill is full synthetic.. You should also have a engine block heater like vehicles delivered to several states also get here.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I do have a block heater....my garages are insulated and close tightly at the doors so I don't really get the extreme cold inside....I do have a block heater on ALL my cars and trickle chargers keeping batteries topped up...I start them up twice weekly....no need with the MKC I use it daily....I also keep my Can Am on a trickle charger and use that one to remove snow...got a 6' snow plow up front....and a pair of snow blowers, one small one large to clear the walk way leading to the main house... some 200 ft away x 8' wide. I have a problem tho....my wife did not fully close the yard equipment garage last week and snow got in and froze it shut...trying to free it so I can get to my equipment, so far, no luck! I got 2 heaters on either side of the door melting the stuff down...hopefully it will release sometime today or at least before the next snow storm....

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was asked what I would prefer ...Ford's full synthetic oil OR Mobil 1...I went with the Mobile 1 I have no issues with this dealer, good, actually great customer service...and a great looking newly renovated building

·
Registered
733 Posts
Yep, I do have a block heater....my garages are insulated and close tightly at the doors so I don't really get the extreme cold inside....I do have a block heater on ALL my cars and trickle chargers keeping batteries topped up...I start them up twice weekly....no need with the MKC I use it daily....I also keep my Can Am on a trickle charger and use that one to remove snow...got a 6' snow plow up front....and a pair of snow blowers, one small one large to clear the walk way leading to the main house... some 200 ft away x 8' wide. I have a problem tho....my wife did not fully close the yard equipment garage last week and snow got in and froze it shut...trying to free it so I can get to my equipment, so far, no luck! I got 2 heaters on either side of the door melting the stuff down...hopefully it will release sometime today or at least before the next snow storm....
And I complain about Chicago winters - Sounds like you get it much worse.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL my neighbour built a 50' x 20' ice rink complete with benches and a change room for his 2 kids....was fun helping him with that....he's got around 6" deep ice now. he also set up floods for night time playing!!!! hehehe I suggested we need pop stand too LOL

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm curious as to why you had the first service done at 5000 km? The maintenance guide recommends at 16,000 km or when the oil life remaining indicator comes on. I'm at 14,000 km now and still have 35% oil life remaining. Since I don't have a Lincoln dealer here I either have to pay for the maintenance at the Ford dealer or if I want the prepaid maintenance then I have to drive almost 2 hours to the Lincoln/Ford dealer just outside Sudbury. I had the car to the Ford dealer today to have them solve the problem with the remote start from my phone app not working. They do NOT wash the cars. I found out from the shuttle driver that this was because the dealership is on well water which is very hard and leaves spots on the cars...or at least that was the excuse.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I NEVER exceed 5,000 km for my first oil change, EVER...engine is new, microscopic engine filings are being "seated in.....I specifically told the selling dealer I want the oil changed within the mileage and he accommodated my request....regardless of what an oil filter traps, ultra fine filings DO indeed go through, I know enough from sending oil samples for independent testing with new cars I have owned.
My Mustang GTCS had oil changed at 5,000 then filled with Rizlow detergent oil and driven for an additional 1,000KM, drained and dripped THEN Mobil 1 went in.....at 10,000 recommended interval my oil is still clean and clear, not dark...4 years later, Im still running high compression of 11:1 no decrease of ring wear at all! I treat my engines based on what I know works not what some oil indicator decide for me.
Like I said, I have a good relationship with my dealer, they dance to MY tune...or they loose my business....in the great scheme of things, they are not about to loose a repeat customer based on a request of a 5,0000 km oil change!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2 buckets of hot water convinced the door to finally open up LOL... Last year we had a nasty C-O-L-D winter....yeah we get a fair share of cold up here...bunch of us take the ATV on the lake we get at least 2' of solid ice....I see trucks out there crazy canadian guys ice fishing at -15 -20 C hehehe I think us guys have antifreeze for blood!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.