Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
I am interested in giving this Forscan programming a whirl just for fun. I am interested in configuring two changes to my MKC. 1) Changing Sync 3 Theme and 2) Enabling rear-view mirror tilt down in reverse. I am running Sync 3, v. 3.0 Build 20204 on a 2019 MKC Reserve.

1) Theme - My car currently displays "Lincoln Timeless." I would like to change the theme to "Lincoln - D544 - blacklabel" which is one of the options in the testing options. Is this possible while not changing the splash screen and does anyone have the coding?

2) Mirror Tilt - I am interested in enabling side rear-view mirror tilt down when in reverse. I have seen this discussed elsewhere and was wondering if anyone has the exact coding for my particular build / version of Sync 3.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Super Moderator
I know without a doubt how to change the splash screens when you are ready I can write up a step by step for you. I personally used to have the Black label splash screen.

As for mirror tilt, I don't know, I have read about people trying to get it on the f150 site. I will do a little more research and let you know if I figure it out.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I am waiting for my OBD adaptor to arrive and then will be ready to give it a go. To be clear, I don't want to use the Black Label splash screen, just the theme. My understanding is that those are separate settings via Forscan. Thanks again!

Super Moderator
Can you explain a little more what you mean? To me Black label theme refers to the different wood grains and leathers that come with the black label, for what I understand the radio is exactly the same other than the splash screen

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Sure... For the head unit, there are options for the "splash screen" when the unit boots up; Lincoln, Ford, Mustang,etc. AND there are options for the color theme - Ford themes are blue, Lincoln themes are brown/goldish. Within the Lincoln sub-group of themes there are several options such as Lincoln Timeless, Lincoln Blacklabel, Lincoln D544, and Lincoln D544 Blacklabel. All are slightly different; font color, etc. Thanks

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Just following up...
I was able to change the Sync 3, v. 3.0 color "theme" from Lincoln Timeless (gold w/ white icons) to Lincoln Next (gold w/ black icons) using Forscan (drop down, not "As Built"). Nice but subtle change. One of these days I might get brave enough to ry the CyanLabs 3.4 upgrade. Thanks

Super Moderator
Nice job!! IMHO 3.4 is not worth the risk, I thought the Android auto maps in the IP would be great but the end the major benefit was the map update. Calm screen is just weird, and the colors from 3.0 are better than 3.4

I have done this upgrade multiple times to both ford and Lincoln and the ford colors are much better in 3.4 but they are too muted for Lincoln in 3.4. Once again IMO.

BTW can you show a picture of Lincoln next theme

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Here is the "Lincoln Next" color theme in daytime mode. Notice the icons along the bottom are black, but the 'current screen' icon is beige. Also, certain fonts and symbols are beige as opposed to white. Additionally, the overall 'gold' color seems to be a bit darker. I prefer this look since my car has a black interior.
IMG_0211.jpeg
IMG_0212.jpeg
IMG_0210.jpeg

Super Moderator
I agree, it's subtle but it really looks nice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts