Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has done any aggressive programming of the MKC. I have a 17 select that I have added cooled seats, heated steering wheel, auto park, and front park sensors, that programming was easy but I am in a world of confusion as I am trying to mod the hex decimal files for ACC and lane keep. Am I the only one or can anyone get me heading down the right road.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like I am the first one!! I was the first one to retrofit a 13 ford flex front end on a 10 as well. It is frustrating to figure it all out but I finally did, if anyone attempts this (I don't recommend it) I should be able to help. I have completed all programming/wiring to make my 17 MKC select a fully loaded reserve, I accidently even got it to say Lincoln Black Label on the boot screen, happy mistake!!

Registered
Congrats and that sounded like a lot of work. I assume that in order for any of those upgrades you did to work, you have to get the hardwares separately and install them yourself? Surely the select package doesn't come with the heating and cooling elements for the seats and steering wheel as well as all the sensors already?

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #4
You are right, the heated seats, which were the factory installed seats, heated with coils but the heated and cooled seats have a peltier device for both heating and cooling options. There is no heating coils in a cooled seat! The wiring was too intense for the cooled seats requiring a harness replacement. The heated steering wheel requires wiring modification for the module and a new steering wheel, I replaced the whole column. I appreciate that Lincoln actually used cooled seats instead of half way installing ventilated seats!

Registered
That's cool man, hat off to you. I wonder if you can change the behavior of the ACC to include full stop and go that's available starting with the 2018 MY. 2017 and earlier will cancel the ACC once it falls below a certain speed. Not sure if there are any physical difference in hardware, or just pure software.

Also, I'm sure a lot of people here will offer you cold, hard cash to flash their 2.0 engine to disable auto start-stop by default :p

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #6
If anyone is interested I remember seeing the disable code for auto start stop, I believe it was in the BCM but I will look if interested, mine is awd so no need to pay attention when I saw it. I don't remember any coding for acc to complete stop, I bet there is new coding in the 18 bcm

Registered
Not aggressive but I disabled my DRLs with Forscan on my 06 Mustang and rewired the fog lamps as DRL a couple of years ago. Disabled TPMS on grandson's 2012 F 150 - He had changed his tires and also did a few other things. Haven't changed any modules though.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #8
Lenko, I saw a neat option on the BCM you may be interested in, it allows high beams with fogs. That must be for a different market bc that would not fly in USA.

Registered
Lenko, I saw a neat option on the BCM you may be interested in, it allows high beams with fogs. That must be for a different market bc that would not fly in USA.
Tried it on my other vehicle and it didn't work. 06 Mustang doesn't provide the module to make this particular change. Right now it works exactly as factory except the fogs are drl - just the way I wanted them.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #10
Nice it is great to know someone else on here I can discuss programming with.

Registered
Looks like I am the first one!! I was the first one to retrofit a 13 ford flex front end on a 10 as well. It is frustrating to figure it all out but I finally did, if anyone attempts this (I don't recommend it) I should be able to help. I have completed all programming/wiring to make my 17 MKC select a fully loaded reserve, I accidently even got it to say Lincoln Black Label on the boot screen, happy mistake!!
I have a 2017 reserve without the heated steering wheel option. Is there a way for me to enable this feature? My wife really misses it from our last car.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #12
I have a 2017 reserve without the heated steering wheel option. Is there a way for me to enable this feature? My wife really misses it from our last car.
it depends on your level of skill, the steering wheel, and clock spring are different, there's a module that also has to be installed and you will have to hand wire the module to power, communication, and to the steering wheel/clock spring. The programming side of it's very easy to do once all the hardware is there. In fact it's one change in the apim and it's active.

I might have a clock spring and a steering wheel around still I'd have to look.

Registered
it depends on your level of skill, the steering wheel, and clock spring are different, there's a module that also has to be installed and you will have to hand wire the module to power, communication, and to the steering wheel/clock spring. The programming side of it's very easy to do once all the hardware is there. In fact it's one change in the apim and it's active.

I might have a clock spring and a steering wheel around still I'd have to look.
let me know what you have. I might take it on!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts