Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you may have noticed that the MKC starts ar $6K higher for Canadians than it does for Americans, hold on, theres a reason.

Canada's MKC comes standard with all wheel drive, leather upholstery and an upgraded suspension. Those are all tack on options for Americans.

AWD includes the upgraded continuously controlled dampening suspension and is an extra $2,500

I'm not sure how much the leather pack will run, but Lincoln does claim there is additional equipment in there as well, no info yet...

·
Registered
333 Posts
I wonder why they made the decision to make those things standard in Canada but not in America. Do Americans like options more? If an American were to add all those features to their MKC would it be the same price as the Canadian base MKC?

·
Registered
333 Posts
As opposed to the American market? I didn't think that there was that much difference between the Canadian and American markets. Are Americans actually less likely to want leather upholstery, upgraded suspension and all-wheel drive than Canadians?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As opposed to the American market? I didn't think that there was that much difference between the Canadian and American markets. Are Americans actually less likely to want leather upholstery, upgraded suspension and all-wheel drive than Canadians?
yes...

all of Canada deals with winter conditions, less than half of America deals with winter conditions. You only get the upgraded suspension if you upgrade to AWD. As for the leather you cant get heated cloth seats so its likely part of a cold weather pack.

·
Registered
333 Posts
yes...

all of Canada deals with winter conditions, less than half of America deals with winter conditions. You only get the upgraded suspension if you upgrade to AWD. As for the leather you cant get heated cloth seats so its likely part of a cold weather pack.
Hmm... I guess that it is good reasoning. Almost every Canadian would go for the cold weather package, so maybe it is best to just include them anyway. I think that Lincoln should make it more clear what the difference in price is because of. Canadians hate that Americans get lower prices on things. Often times we feel that it is arbitrary. Hearing the reasons behind it would put some problems to rest.

Do other companies automatically include cold weather packages usually?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think most Canadian shoppers dont bother checking american pricing because they dont usually care for buying a US car.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Fair enough, it justifies why it's more.

There's also no point in Canadians comparing prices to american. It won't make a difference to them, in the end they'll have to settle for something in their home market.

·
Registered
881 Posts
DRL are law here, that's another reason I would not buy an american model without DRL as standard.
Pretty much everything is far more expensive in Canada than in the States, that's just factual reality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts