Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Reserve 2.3 AWD (60,000miles) and love it....
Except the knock in the front end when we hit the slightest bump or dip in the road.
Has anybody found a cure for this?

·
Registered
68 Posts
The reason I ask is .....

My wife drives a 2017 MKC Black Label trim with 50 K on it.

The only time I get to drive it is once a week when I fill it with gas.

During those drive times, I also experience a clunking kind of noise that sounds (to me) as if it sometimes comes from the left front and other times like it is directly under the driver's side of the cabin.

NEVER, from the right side of the car.

My wife thinks this sound is simply normal. (I disagree.)

My wife drives it all the time and is loath to allow me to take it to the shop for evaluation. (It's hard for her to be without a car.)

So, I am interested in your experiences.

No unusual tire wear by the way.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I had the problem on certain pot holes even if they where filled. it would be a pop. very consistent. every time I hit it it would make the noise. some manholes would yield the noise. noise never happened during typical driving only on indents. (from the sudden push back up of tire from an indent in road)
Dealership had a hard time fixing it. I believe they did the nuke option and replaced the whole suspension. I think there is a part at the top of the strut where it mounts to the car which is a plastic part and is the cause of the noise but have no proof.
They fixed my truck with about 28k miles on it and I am at 55k and I think it's coming back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts