Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be off, but I feel like my front parking sensors aren't beeping quite like they used to. Yes, they beep and that's good, but the audio seems to be off. I have a recording, but it won't let me attach it here. I could have sworn the sounds were more like those of the rear sensors and would go solid when close, but the sound becomes a very rapid beep, not like anything the rear sensors do. Also, the less rapid beeping at times has a sort of hick-up. During the beeping one beep will sound like it tried to beep, but didn't get the full beep. No, this is not while the vehicle or object detected moved. I'm a bit more tech savvy than that so get those thoughts from your mind. :)

Thoughts? What does yours sound like?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, seems the tones are back to normal. The pitch of the tone is a touch higher than the rear sensors, which is how it should be as it helps identify if it's your front or rear sensors warning you. What is back to normal is the rate at which the tones are made. That rate is identical to the rear sensors. The issue was that the rate was completely off. I will certainly keep an eye, or ear, on this. I anticipate that this won't be the last time I run into this issue.

So, I guess this is just a heads up of something I came across.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Strange issue to have. I don't see what other explanation there is other than an issue with whatever is making the beeping sound. If it happens again you should take it intoo the dealer. it seems like something they'd be able to fix without too much trouble.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hopefully it doesn't happen again, if it does i'd suggest emailing lincoln and even heading over to your local lincoln dealer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When taking in my MKC to the dealer last week for the Sirius radio TSB they were not able to replicate the issue. They did mention a known issue with the iPhone and the Sync system. They reported intermittent issues, random really, and since the Sync system "has it's hand in every system", so it could be part of it. But, there was nothing they could do at the time. Next time, if there is a next time, it happens I'll take it in immediate so they can witness it.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I think with some dealers you can suggest they keep it for a couple days to pick up on the issue and to give you a loaner in the mean time, but some aren't as nice like that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Issue Found

Luckily (I guess we'll call it luck) the front sensors started acting up last night again and still this morning. I immediately took it into the dealer and didn't turn off the vehicle to make sure it wouldn't reset or anything. They were able to witness the issue and took it in to investigate.

I just received a call and they were able to determine it is an issue with an internal Amplifier shorting out. He told me the part is on order, coming out of Detroit, and will be 3-5 days to delivery here in PDX. We're going to wait on install until the back-ordered panel needed to complete the satellite radio antenna replacement is in and have all work done at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts