Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I fill my tank it’s says 180 miles till empty I’ve read should get about 350+ and when I go to check in fuel on the settings it reads about 11 to 12 mpg. Can some one tell me what the miles till empty read on a fill up on your Mkc ? I recently checking my mpg on the trip A section to see if that shows me a different reading. I did read something recently about a incorrect cylinder bore but what do I know . Any feedback will be helpful

·
Registered
267 Posts
My 2019 2.3 AWD usually shows about 295 til empty, all around town driving. My 2019 2.0 FWD shows about 340 til empty, some around town but about half freeway. Much better MPG on the 2.0 FWD...usually 23. The 2.3 usually 18-19. And both read on the dash these numbers, a little overstated, maybe 5%?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Something sounds wrong. 2016 2.3 and we show about 370 with a full tank and average 24 - 25 mpg per readout and dividing miles by gallons at fill up. You need to manually check your mileage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2017 2.3 AWD I've seen anywhere from 300 to 420 after a fill up. It seems to depend on your recent mileage average. If I clear the info with a reset and drive 10 miles on the interstate then fill up I get 420. Just around town it's around 300. I get 27 on the Interstate but only about 20-21 around town. Less if I hot foot it. Sounds like yours has a problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah something is wrong I’m manually checking it now and the looks of things it is gonna get only 160 mpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
If anyone has an idea what is wrong let me know fuel filter? I’ve read a post on here about a incorrect cylinder bore reducing mpg but I’m totally a non mechanical person. I did purchase a extended warranty gonna maybe call them to see if I can get it looked at but would like to know some possibilities of what’s wrong , I did just recently by a obm checker gonna plug it in today .

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I fill my tank it’s says 180 miles till empty I’ve read should get about 350+ and when I go to check in fuel on the settings it reads about 11 to 12 mpg. Can some one tell me what the miles till empty read on a fill up on your Mkc ? I recently checking my mpg on the trip A section to see if that shows me a different reading. I did read something recently about a incorrect cylinder bore but what do I know . Any feedback will be helpful

·
Super Moderator
233 Posts
Yeah something is wrong I’m manually checking it now and the looks of things it is gonna get only 160 mpg
I assume you meant MPT, if it's truly getting 160 MPG let me know I'll buy that thing from you ;) ;) . I hope you find yourself an answer, sorry I'm no help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know how much of the tank capacity gets used for fuel in the 15.7 gal tank on my 2019. Is it 100% or is space left for air? Last time I filled up the MPG was 25 but the miles to empty above the fuel gauge said 321 miles. That would only be 13 gallons.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't have the answer for you (dman97) but my best guess is Lincoln has defective software running the computer which gives us readings. A simple float valve in the gas tank should give a better reading on the gauge. I would bet the software takes in account the drivers habits, factoring in idle time,long trips,short trips,temperature etc. The gas readout is simply a POS.

·
Super Moderator
233 Posts
@dman97 I don't think I've ever put 13 gallons in my tank, 12 and 1/2 gallons usually shows as less than 35 miles till empty in my car

·
Super Moderator
233 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts