Lincoln MKC Forum banner

Fuel?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  MKC4ME 
#1 ·
I was told I could only use mid grade fuel, but reading the book it says I can use regular. Does anyone else use regular gas I have a 2015 awd

#2 ·
Been using regular since day one on my 2.3 AWD. No issues, but I do believe you would have to use premium to achieve the HP stated on the spec sheet.

#3 ·
I always use regular grade top tier fuel in my 2017 2.3 L ecoboost, as well as my 3.5L ecoboost in both ford flexes without problems. I do run premium in my flex when I tow my camper, but that is the only time I use premium. From the way I understand it the new PCM is smart enough to account for multiple fuel types. I have tried running premium in my flex without towing and there is a huge power difference, I have never attempted this in my MKC.

#4 ·
I am not going to search for the thread, but some member did some octane testing and found the mid grade gave him the best fuel mileage (if I recall correctly). In the end: the price vs fuel economy was not worth it (Although with gas prices bottoming out it may have changed that.)

#5 ·
I have always used regular top tier fuel. One time I filled with premium by mistake but didn't notice any significant mileage or performance difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.