Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 2017 mkc reserve s year ago only had 13,000 miles on it got. Good deal I wanted low mileage because we put lots of highway miles now have 33,000 trouble free miles except USB ports quit working show an err message on display bad cable can’t seem to fix it the dealer. I Bought it from screwed me by on am extended warranty was supposed to have included everything but doesn’t include high tech my main question is where I live we have a gas sta that sells 88 octane ethanol free gas is this okay to run in these cars it seems to run better but don’t want problems any help on usb would be awesome also

·
Administrator
473 Posts
@Rblundg5 Are you running factory software on your APIM? If you don't know what I mean the answer is yes! Some unofficial APIM software causes problems with the USB, that is the only failure I know about with the USB short of some people pouring soda in the cubby. You also could try a master reset to the APIM that can fix weird issues. That is found in settings!

·
Administrator
473 Posts
As for the question about 88 octane, yes you can run 87+ on the ecoboost, I would not if you are towing but that is a personal preference. Also I would not tow with a MKC, also a personal preference!!

Reactions: Jonzim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As for the question about 88 octane, yes you can run 87+ on the ecoboost, I would not if you are towing but that is a personal preference. Also I would not tow with a MKC, also a personal preference!!
It is 88 octane but is ethanol free No I would never tow with my mkc that’s what my f350 is for

·
Administrator
473 Posts
92,000 miles on mine and it never has had anything but 87 octane ethanol fuel.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I assume the 2017 is outside the 48 month warranty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts