Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you keep your mkc?

In days like this in the northeast I am thankful my baby is resting in the garage.

Guess we're not going anywhere today :)

Crazy weather here, 58 degrees partly sunny then 5 minutes later pitch black with a downpour, think there may have been some hail too. 10 minutes after that three downed trees and the sun is back out. Fixing to watch an incredible sunset now...

Mkc safe and happy in the garage. I would freak if I had to leave it outside. A cover wouldn't protect it from the trees coming down on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Underground garage.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Mine is kept in the garage year round. We've had rain here since yesterday which is crazy for this time of the year. My driveway is a skating rink. About an hour ago it changed to snow. The temperature is 0 C but supposed to drop to -15 C tonight and not get much warmer for the rest of the week.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is kept in the garage year round. We've had rain here since yesterday which is crazy for this time of the year. My driveway is a skating rink. About an hour ago it changed to snow. The temperature is 0 C but supposed to drop to -15 C tonight and not get much warmer for the rest of the week.

Same here. Rain now going to drop to 20 F. No snow for us just all the standing rain is going to freeze now. Then it looks like cold will settle in for awhile. You're in Canada too right country guy?

With the help of a chainsaw and our quad with a winch my husband was able to pull the tree off our driveway so I could go get gas in my MKC and get a powerball ticket :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
...able to pull the tree off our driveway so I could go get gas in my MKC and get a powerball ticket :)
So if you win, do We continue to enjoy you as a forum member?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So if you win, do We continue to enjoy you as a forum member?
Hmmmm. I think I might be moving to the Lamborghini forum :smile
Could you imagine me with a billion dollars trying to decide on a car LOL.

Think I would be the only woman lottery winner with a garage full of cars instead of a closet full of clothes..oh wait..at a billion I could have both!:grin:grin

But we all know I'll be back here in the forum after Wednesday's drawing, the chances are so slim but hey someone is going to win and the person that wins has the same slim odds as me. It could happen so its worth buying a ticket and having some moments of fun thinking about what cars I would buy :smile.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Yes I am in Canada, 180 miles north of Toronto. The powerball lottery is ridiculous. Why don't they split it up into alot of smaller prizes and thus help out a lot more people?

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I am in Canada, 180 miles north of Toronto. The powerball lottery is ridiculous. Why don't they split it up into alot of smaller prizes and thus help out a lot more people?

Wow you are up there :) I couldn't imagine not having a garage. Do a lot of people have heated garage so their batteries don't go dead or are you on a constant trickle charge?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Most people do not have garages and those that do have so much junk in them that they still have to park outdoors LOL Garages are very rarely heated. That is harder on a car that is driven in an area where salt is used on the roads. The warm garage causes the salt to react quicker with the car metal. My garage is insulated but not heated. Cars that are parked outside have block heaters. My MKC came with a block heater but since it is parked in the garage I do not need to use it.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Us Canadians are a hardy bunch,right country guy hehehe....went over my entire driveway today with my quad/plow to remove a ton of snow, 3 car garage used for all my rides....insulated and trickle charge the mustangs, and lets not forget they get Q107 playing tunes to keep them happy.....We got lots of snow up Peterborough way.....I have to drive to Toronto in this mess this afternoon too...
I'll be seeing what this MKC is made off in the snow, for the first time since I got it....
mmoretti, you DO know we all live in igloos (with air-conditioning) in Canada right? (laughing)
I'm not sure I like the idea the primary drive setup is front wheel drive,rears engage when there is slippage....I just wish I can manual engage all wheel when I want....

·
Registered
881 Posts
To me, a garage is just that.... place when I can park my rides in....not for storing stuff, most of my friend's garages are full of stuff and their cars are kept outside....maybe they should start calling these structures "storage spaces" instead !!! hehehe.

·
Registered
644 Posts
None of my friends park their cars in their garages either. Two of them have insulated, heated garages and they are filled with everything else but a car. In the morning in this weather I love just being able to get in the car and go without having to warm it up and sweep off all the snow.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
None of my friends park their cars in their garages either. Two of them have insulated, heated garages and they are filled with everything else but a car. In the morning in this weather I love just being able to get in the car and go without having to warm it up and sweep off all the snow.
Crazy but I know so many people the same way! We try to live a minimalist, anti-hoarder type of existence LOL. Almost nothing in garage but the cars. When I lived in places that didn't have a garage, which was most places, I always envied my friends with garages and were annoyed because they all had them filled with junk too with the car out in the driveway!

Jumping in a clean dry car instead of scraping snow and ice is key. it sounds like you Canadians have quite a bit to deal with in the winters but I am sure the summers and your scenery and wildlife is beautiful.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Yep, yep, the wildlife is awesome here .....go to any beach in the summer and you'll see our blonde Gazelle's prancing around with volley balls....or the rarer brunette lying down on some Chinese made gaudy green towel...LOL....nothing like Canadian wildlife Eh! LOL.
Beyond car related "things" such as battery chargers, jugs of windshield washers,jumping car battery cables,and oils and other essentials, my garages are devoid of other worldly goodies!
Minimalist is probably one of my fav words of the 21st century hehehe, although it does not really apply when it comes to my clothing and shoe closet....for that I like the word "Organized" LOL!

·
Registered
881 Posts
me thinks if that tree came down on your MKC....it could have cause a few little tiny weeny fine scratches..............Or flatten it outright!....but then who cares if you hit the PowerBall jackpot! hehehehe.
Was that tree uprooted or snapped at the base? looks snapped....I haul all kinds of wood with my quad and front winch, especially when I fell a few for firewood,usually hardwoods...Got a Can Am 800 and that thing will pull a house down!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice. You have a can am?
Yes it snapped. Was actually already mostly dead from other storms. We've lost a whole line of trees up our driveway since we've moved here in freak storms.

Need to get others taken down before they come down on the house/garage and damage my mkc anyway...just my luck. :-(

·
Registered
881 Posts
How's the weather today country guy in your neck of the woods?
It's brutal here, got rain this morning.... a soft gentle drizzle with temps flash freezing it right up, I tried to walk up to my workshop and slipped 3 times LOL it's just a sheet of polished slippery ice out there, don't think I'll be driving anywhere or walking for that matter!...did I mention I HATE winters!
We also had a big commotion going on in my back fields by a pack of coyotes....I think they had a coon in their sights and were attacking it!
Fired a couple of 12 gauge shots into the air to break it up, but they just kept on attacking the poor guy....hate when that happens!

·
Registered
644 Posts
I hate winter also! Give me sun, surf and sand and I am happy! I just finished snow blowing again. It is about -7 C here right now. I fed the deer but they just came back looking for more. Oh I would hate hearing coyotes or wolves going after an animal....I am an animal lover...can't kill anything.

·
Registered
881 Posts
killing animals has never been part of my DNA either.....last summer I had to kill a really sick coon that wondered into our property, had distemper, and something, probably coyotes had got to him as well....he was so torn up....skin and bone and foaming at the mouth,was so injured he was literally walking dead....that is the ONLY animal I ever had to kill and I was upset for weeks after.... I called the Humane and explained the symptoms he displayed...they told me more than likely it was distemper and to not touch the carcass, they suggested I dispose of it by burning....they said if any other animal ingests it's carcass they would become sick with most likely what he had.....I ended up burning it in my fire pit....christ, I was a mess after that incident!
I usually buy bags of apples and carrots for the deer around here,and we get quite a few passing through,although they seem to remember where food is cause they always eat what I place outside for them, along with a bucket of water....problem is, the bucket freezes during winter...guess they get by eating fresh snow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts