Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
2015 Lincoln MKC 2.0 Ecoboost. Gas mileage is not good at all. My 2018 Camaro SS gets better mileage than this. Anyone know why?
My 2.3 litre 2015 MkC gets around 24-25 mpg. My 2016 Corvette gets almost 30 mpg on the highway because four cylinders of the V8 are automatically shut off during highway driving. The MkC has gas mileage which doesn't seem to vary much on the type of driving. I use premium gas from SHELL.

·
Registered
23 Posts
A smartass fellow who claimed to have worked on
Hey there,

would you say you noticed a long term difference in burning premium versus standard? I get decent mileage with standard 87. Wondering if it’s worth the xtra cash for a few extra miles each tank.
A smartass fellow I met --- yes, it was in a drinking establishment --- who claimed to have worked on blah, blah, blah high performance racing cars told me ALL turbo vehicles perform better with premium gas and that premium gas contains additives that are superior to regular. He also recommended SHELL because of ___ (insert convincing argument) and I acquiesced. My MkC runs like a bandit and I attribute this, at least partially, to the high priced petrol. Nothing was said about gas mileage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts