Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a reserve MKC 2017 2.3L AWD. It had 29,705 miles on it. I have the premium 20” wheels on it. Today the car has just shy of 31k. Since I’ve owned it these last three months, I have done a lot of city driving and I average about 19.3-19.5 mpg city. That coincides with the window sticker. I haven’t done much highway driving as I’m trying to meet the mileage I paid for on my MKZ hybrid for the year. I haven’t gotten much better than 19.5 on my fuel economy screen. According to my individual trip screens, I’m getting better fuel economy. At a fill up I get about 300-315 miles till empty according to the car. I guess the point of this post is to see if this is normal because I’ve read a few posts saying they have gotten over 400 miles till empty in their 2.3’s at a fill up and I’ve never come close to that. What do y’all average?

·
Registered
271 Posts
I recently purchased a reserve MKC 2017 2.3L AWD. It had 29,705 miles on it. I have the premium 20” wheels on it. Today the car has just shy of 31k. Since I’ve owned it these last three months, I have done a lot of city driving and I average about 19.3-19.5 mpg city. That coincides with the window sticker. I haven’t done much highway driving as I’m trying to meet the mileage I paid for on my MKZ hybrid for the year. I haven’t gotten much better than 19.5 on my fuel economy screen. According to my individual trip screens, I’m getting better fuel economy. At a fill up I get about 300-315 miles till empty according to the car. I guess the point of this post is to see if this is normal because I’ve read a few posts saying they have gotten over 400 miles till empty in their 2.3’s at a fill up and I’ve never come close to that. What do y’all average?
I have a 2019 Reserve 2.3 AWD and get around 18-18.5 in strictly "city" driving of trips <3 to 5 miles. On the freeway I'll average around 24 MPG and on certain uninterrupted stretches have seen 28-29 driving 65-70 MPH. I also have a 2019 Reserve 2.0 FWD and it gets 2-3 MPG better, but strictly around town, maybe only 1-1.5 mpg better. MY 2.3 till empty is usually around 300-310 miles. So you're in the same range as mine. The 6-speed transmission is the main reason for the "low" mileage. I understand the 2020 Corsair with the 2.3 AWD does much better...it has an 8-speed transmission.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts