Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have about a 20 year old Genie garage door opener. Tried every way the manual says but can't get the visor buttons to activate. Is the opener too old for the MKC to recognize is there some trick the manual fails to tell about. 2016 MKC Reserve, 2.3 Ecoboost.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately it is not Intellicode 2, older version of Intellicode, red led, and I have done all the procedures with the handheld remote and with the Genie motor head.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has a learn button, red led, and is an Intellicode but not the 2, older so it probably will not sync with the MKC.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wife got it working, basically she did every thing we had done but multiple times plus she used the remote in conjunction with the learn button and the Homelink button. Not exactly as the manual said but it works now, advantages of an OCD spouse.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How about audio volume increase as speed increases. I thought I saw it in the manual but can't find it now. Great feature in my F150.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have a same make garage door opener. I got it working and at some point the MKC lost it and I have been unable to get it reprogrammed. Some day I will try again.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It has a learn button, red led, and is an Intellicode but not the 2, older so it probably will not sync with the MKC.
Ok, here's a crazy thought.

How many homelines/remotes have you programmed into this system in the past?

My story...I recently bought a new pin pad for the outside of the garage and programmed it with no problem, but for reasons unknown at that time, lost the homelink. So I reprogrammed the homelink and it worked, but then lost the program on the pin pad.

Called the manufacturer and was told that the Genie keeps the memory of previous remotes/homelinks and it could be full. I was able to erase the memory and start over and now both the pin pad and the homelink work with no problem.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, will put that in my memory bank, makes sense. Will be handy if we lose the Homeland or remote in the future. I bet we tried 50 times, following the procedures until she finally got it working.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks, will put that in my memory bank, makes sense. Will be handy if we lose the Homeland or remote in the future. I bet we tried 50 times, following the procedures until she finally got it working.
I had one that I need to try over and over so many times I parked inside, so I could stand on the door rocker panel so I could reach the "learn button" and still be in the car.

BTW 3 years after we sold my parents family home my car still opened the garage door. The new owners never reprogrammed it. I have since sold the car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I finally translated what my wife did so here is the procedure:
Clear Homelink by holding the two outside buttons until the lights flash rapidly, it is now cleared of program.
Hold the garage door remote near the Homelink and simultaneously press the remote and Homelink button you want to program, when the lights flash release the buttons.
Next to the garage door motor head and press the learn button, then within 30 seconds go to the Homelink and press the button you want to program for 2 seconds, release and press again for 2 seconds and at that point it should be programmed.

The manual does not say to do both the remote and motor head but my wife kept at it and this seemed to work. After the first one, which took many trial and error efforts, she got the next one done the first try. Hope this helps others, she has already helped a lady at work that just got a new jeep and had the same issue with a garage door opener that was similar in age.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I finally translated what my wife did so here is the procedure:
Clear Homelink by holding the two outside buttons until the lights flash rapidly, it is now cleared of program.
Hold the garage door remote near the Homelink and simultaneously press the remote and Homelink button you want to program, when the lights flash release the buttons.
Next to the garage door motor head and press the learn button, then within 30 seconds go to the Homelink and press the button you want to program for 2 seconds, release and press again for 2 seconds and at that point it should be programmed.

The manual does not say to do both the remote and motor head but my wife kept at it and this seemed to work. After the first one, which took many trial and error efforts, she got the next one done the first try. Hope this helps others, she has already helped a lady at work that just got a new jeep and had the same issue with a garage door opener that was similar in age.
This post deserves a sticky. I tried it and it worked the first try!!! Thank the Mrs for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts