Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have already been discussed, though I did not find anything specific. Are there National, regional, or local companies that would do some FORScan programming on my 2017 MKC? I’m looking to have some basic displays changed. I live in the general Indianapolis area.
Thanks.

·
Administrator
686 Posts
I can think of maybe four people on here that know how to do the programming, I’m probably the closest one to you but I’m way down in the great Smoky Mountains. I don’t know if any of them in your neck of the woods sorry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can think of maybe four people on here that know how to do the programming, I’m probably the closest one to you but I’m way down in the great Smoky Mountains. I don’t know if any of them in your neck of the woods sorry
The Smoky Mountains are within my reasonable driving distance. I’m looking to have the tire pressure monitor display show each individual tire and to have the side mirrors drop down when I put the car in reverse. Easy to do?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Find a shop that will tune the computer module. they will do it cheaper than the cost of gas of driving out of state.

·
Administrator
686 Posts
The Smoky Mountains are within my reasonable driving distance. I’m looking to have the tire pressure monitor display show each individual tire and to have the side mirrors drop down when I put the car in reverse. Easy to do?
I’ve never done the mirror drop down so I don’t know on that one but the tire monitor is very easy.

@Buckeye You may be closer than me to Indi, I can’t remember if you’ve ever messed around with forscan.
As for a shop locally I don’t know if they’ll be anybody that can do this, Ford can’t. I believe this level of mods is forscan only.

Best option is to just buy your own adapter and use forscan yourself, it’s pretty complex to learn but if you study long enough it becomes easy. It’ll cost you less than 100 bucks to get going

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve never done the mirror drop down so I don’t know on that one but the tire monitor is very easy.

@Buckeye You may be closer than me to Indi, I can’t remember if you’ve ever messed around with forscan.
As for a shop locally I don’t know if they’ll be anybody that can do this, Ford can’t. I believe this level of mods is forscan only.

Best option is to just buy your own adapter and use forscan yourself, it’s pretty complex to learn but if you study long enough it becomes easy. It’ll cost you less than 100 bucks to get going
I can probably figure out the coding. I was in IT for nearly 30 years. Problem is buying the hardware and software license. I live in the Apple ecosystem. I would need to spend $500+ to get a PC laptop with Bluetooth, the adapter for the car’s computer and the FORScan license. Cheaper to pay someone to do it. Where would I start to find someone in my area to do this? My local Lincoln dealership won’t and they won’t give me the name of someone who will.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I don't have Forscan. I know in many towns there are independent shops that do tuning of chips for GM and Ford products. So I would think they would own a forscan. 2nd thought go to a Ford message board and see if there is an Indy member that has a forscan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have Forscan. I know in many towns there are independent shops that do tuning of chips for GM and Ford products. So I would think they would own a forscan. 2nd thought go to a Ford message board and see if there is an Indy member that has a forscan.
Thanks so much for the recommendations.

·
Administrator
686 Posts
Great idea maybe the f150 site. There is a lot of tinkering on that site

1 - 9 of 9 Posts