Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I own the MKC, even with the low 15.5K miles, I'm going to buy the Tire rack top-rated for comfort Pirelli Cinturato P7 All SeaonII tires. Said to be very quiet and smooth riding. I had the non-II version and liked the ride on another vehicle I owned.
The stock Conti's are very low rated.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have the Pirelli and they are nice. In the snow I hear crunching as I drive. (not in a bad way just an observation)
and I hate hate hate Continentals. I would hydroplane so easily in those. I put General tire Altimax on my car and loved them. They were high rated in tire rack and lived up to the reviews I saw.

Reactions: jcbon

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the Pirelli and they are nice. In the snow I hear crunching as I drive. (not in a bad way just an observation)
and I hate hate hate Continentals. I would hydroplane so easily in those. I put General tire Altimax on my car and loved them. They were high rated in tire rack and lived up to the reviews I saw.
Thanks for the review. Looking forward to getting the Pirelli's.
I left snow in NJ. Now we're in SC 3 years with no snow. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good choice.
If your looking for a quiet tire, these would be the ones.
My wife had a set of Pirelli CINTURATO P7 All Season Plus II 245/45 R19 98V M+S put on at her Lincoln Dealership this last March.
My wife's Lincoln has always been quiet but after the new tires, it is remarkably so..
Methinks you will be impressed.

As an aside ...
I was so impressed with the quietness of my Wife's new tires, that I had a set of Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus 2 235/60 R18 put on my 2018 Honda CR-V.
Never owned tires this quiet in my life,

Good luck to you, and enjoy your new tires.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sent an Email to Pirelli yesterday and received a call today from a Pirelli Rep. No Fall rebate on the Cinturato tires. On Sept 3rd there will be a rebate on the new Scorpion AS Plus 3 and Scorpion Verde AS. Right now there's a $90 rebate on the Strada models. I guess I'm going to have to wait or just go ahead and buy them.

Reactions: copbait

·
Registered
41 Posts
When shopping for tires a few years ago i spent a lot of time on tire rack. Continental,Pirelli and Vredestein were my top 3 choices. I chose the Continental Extreme Contact which have been excellent. The highest rated tire at the time was the Vredestein Quatrac Pro which you could only get at a Benz dealer and was cheaper than the others.

·
Administrator
504 Posts
I had never heard of Vredestein before. Have you ever had a set blackvelvet?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
41 Posts
No i have not purchased a set of Vredsteins nor do i know of anyone who has purchased them. The Quatrac Pros are manufactured in the Netherlands and highly rated.

·
Registered
41 Posts
On tire rack with the same sizes for the Lincoln, Vredsteins totals at 53.7, Cinturato at 53.5 and the Continentals i purchased come in last at 49.8. This is adding Recommending,wet,dry,winter,comfort, and treadwear. The Cinturato come in first as the smoothest ride of the 3 choices.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Now that I own the MKC, even with the low 15.5K miles, I'm going to buy the Tire rack top-rated for comfort Pirelli Cinturato P7 All SeaonII tires. Said to be very quiet and smooth riding. I had the non-II version and liked the ride on another vehicle I owned.
The stock Conti's are very low rated.
I live in any area that gets several feet of snow so after looking around I got the Michelin crossclimate2 tires they are great in heavy rain no hydra plain have used them one winter in snow worked awesome not to noisy much quieter than the Michelin latitude I took off

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I live in any area that gets several feet of snow so after looking around I got the Michelin crossclimate2 tires they are great in heavy rain no hydra plain have used them one winter in snow worked awesome not to noisy much quieter than the Michelin latitude I took off
No snow here in SC or I'd choose a different tire than a Pirelli Cinturato II. The tread pattern on the CrossClimate looks like they would be a bit noisy. The ride is said to be taut but not bad.
Well, I couldn't wait and ordered a set from Discount Tire. Installation Tues. I do have their credit card which is offering a $60 rebate Visa card. I will buy and pay off the tires even though no interest for 9 months using the card.

·
Registered
13 Posts
No snow here in SC or I'd choose a different tire than a Pirelli Cinturato II. The tread pattern on the CrossClimate looks like they would be a bit noisy. The ride is said to be taut but not bad.
Well, I couldn't wait and ordered a set from Discount Tire. Installation Tues. I do have their credit card which is offering a $60 rebate Visa card. I will buy and pay off the tires even though no interest for 9 months using the card.
When I saw them be after they were o. I was wo also they are much quieter than my Michelin latitude and much better n lots of water the latitude tended to hydro plane very bad we were hit with some ver bad thunder storms that dropped a lot of water no hydro plane at all

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Well after thinking about spending just over $1100 for a bit quieter and softer ride, I've decided to wait a bit before I buy the Pirelli's. At least for a rebate.
Plus I'm undecided on going with stock 235's or one size bigger 245's.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
The new Pirelli Scorpion AS3 is an interesting crossover/SUV tire. Though not many reviews because it's a new tire but a great in-depth review on Tire Rack. I was told by a Tire Rack rep with Chat said that the tire is as smooth and quiet as the Pirelli P7 Cinterato II but is made for the higher center of gravity of an SUV. $35 cheaper per tire and a $70 rebate along with a $60 rebate for using a Discount Tire credit card. No interest for 6 months but I'd probably just pay the card off with either tire choice. A $200+ savings difference with tire rebate. I don't know which to choose. The Scorpion being so much cheaper has me concerned.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts