Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting new tires before the snow flies so I went to our tire shop and the only tires available for our MKC was Hankook Ventus S1 Evo. Can't find much on them but I am wondering about how they would perform in the snow and ice. Tire guy said there was a shortage and he was having trouble getting tires, especially the type of tires for our SUV. I have Pirelli Cinturato P7 which have performed quite well so I don't want to backslide, pun intended. Anybody have any experience in the snow with the Hankooks?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not sure about Hankook's but research in the recent past led me to the Vredestein Pro's made in the Netherlands with outstanding ratings. Check out ratings for tires on Tire Rack which has a boatload of info on each brand. Good Luck!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found info on that tire and it is not an all season so not a good fit for us. Will look at an out of town supplier and hope they have or can get inventory.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've had Hankook tires on an Edge previously and as you noted they are not good in snow and ice.

I currently am running the Nokian WG R4 (also made in the Netherlands) and find them to be probably the best tire I've ever owned. I suggest checking into those and run down a dealer or distributor who can get them for you.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I found a dealer that has Michlins. Looking at the X, Alpine and Pilot models. Any comments on those?

·
Registered
43 Posts
When I purchased the MKC with 38k on the odometer it had michelin tires on it that had to be replaced. They were cupping badly (the michelins) and at 38k they HOWLed driving down the road. The basic problem with the michelins I had was they didn't start out with much tread to begin with. I'd never point a friend to those tires - now an enemy....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts