Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that the updated version of Sync3 is being pushed out by Lincoln/Ford and was wondering if anyone installed it yet? Highlights of the update are below:

This software release is the latest update in our continued efforts to improve system performance, device connectivity, and the overall SYNC experience.

This software contains the following enhancements:

• Updated voice recognition engine.
  • Bluetooth phone, media, and Wi-Fi improvements.
  • Navigation user interface improvements (if equipped).
  • Android Auto for supported devices.
  • Apple CarPlay for supported devices. Owners of 2016 models with SYNC 3 are required to perform a software upgrade and purchase a hardware upgrade through your dealer.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have been out of the country since early December so I will check when I get back after Christmas, but I sure hope that they fixed the issue I have with SiriusXM Traffic integration.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine is installed, did it via the USB drive. haven't played with it yet. I do have the new USB module for carplay on order and hope to install it tomorrow.

The only issue I am having is it seems the website to update the log file results to Ford is busted. Says it can’t find a file at c:\fakepath\

hopefully they can fix that soon.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm waiting to see if it updates through Wifi.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did the update last week using a USB drive. I also installed the new USB hub required for Carplay. Everything is working great with no issues. Carplay is really nice.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did the update from the USB with success but the confirmation upload back to Ford/Lincoln from the USB is failing.. Called Lincoln and they are notifying engineering...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I did the update from the USB with success but the confirmation upload back to Ford/Lincoln from the USB is failing.. Called Lincoln and they are notifying engineering...
Same here. Did the USB update but the confirmation upload failed. Let me know if you hear back from Lincoln.

They sent me a reminder email for the confirmation upload so I'll try again in a few days.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad its not just me with the problem - No word back from Lincoln.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I tried again yesterday and this morning with the confirmation and it still fails.

No big deal. I saved the .xml file on my laptop and bookmarked the update website link. One of these times it will work.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Interesting fact,
i just picked up my car yesterday (12/16/2016) build date i think i have the previous version of SYNC 2.0, not the 2.2

·
Registered
88 Posts
Interesting fact,
i just picked up my car yesterday (12/16/2016) build date i think i have the previous version of SYNC 2.0, not the 2.2
I think the problem is that none of the 2017s that I've seen (2 in the office including myself, a couple more on other forums) are receiving updates. No one has tried the USB method AFAIK and I don't even think it is a recommended way to do it for 2017s.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tried again yesterday and this morning with the confirmation and it still fails.

No big deal. I saved the .xml file on my laptop and bookmarked the update website link. One of these times it will work.

Lincoln must have pinged my vehicle via WIFI.. I went to the owners website and it now shows me at Sync 3 version 2.2.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Lincoln must have pinged my vehicle via WIFI.. I went to the owners website and it now shows me at Sync 3 version 2.2.
Thanks for your post. I tried again yesterday to send the update file to Lincoln but it failed. Checking the Lincoln Owners site this morning confirmed that the SYNC3v2.2 update was registered on 15 JAN.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine didn't update over wifi and Lincoln tech support advised me to take the USB route. That too failed multiple times. I have a 2016 MKC and according to the Lincoln owner's site, I can update to the version 2.2. I am getting the following msg. I even did master reset. Still no luck.

===================
Installation failed.

The installation has run out of space or does not work with this version.
===================

Just wondering if anyone else got the above msg. Apparently my car stiil has SYNC 3 Version 1.0. Build 15139.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So since installing Sync3 2.2 the buttons on my steering wheel intermittently stop working. Today the dealer did a flash but the problem persists. This the first issue I've had in a year and a half.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine didn't update over wifi and Lincoln tech support advised me to take the USB route. That too failed multiple times. I have a 2016 MKC and according to the Lincoln owner's site, I can update to the version 2.2. I am getting the following msg. I even did master reset. Still no luck.

===================
Installation failed.

The installation has run out of space or does not work with this version.
===================

Just wondering if anyone else got the above msg. Apparently my car stiil has SYNC 3 Version 1.0. Build 15139.

I had the same issue. I called the Lincoln concierge for assistance and was told there wasn't even an update available for my MKC (even though the Lincoln owner said so and I downloaded the file from there ). I downloaded an unofficial two-part file and was able to update my sync without issue. Now I'm just waiting on my USB hub to arrive..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So since installing Sync3 2.2 the buttons on my steering wheel intermittently stop working. Today the dealer did a flash but the problem persists. This the first issue I've had in a year and a half.

Problem was diagnosed as a bad clock spring in the steering wheel. Part is on order.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts