Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have a 2015 MKC with heated and ventilated seats. My question is that I have noticed that when I turn on the heated seat, it first actually cools the seat and THEN the seat warms up. I cannot recall if it has always been like that, or if it is a newer issue. I noticed it this past spring but maybe it has always been that way? Has anyone else experienced this? I know this is a ridiculous question. The car has given me endless issues in the last 6 months and I really don't want to add to the list of issues I have brought it in for (replaced backup camera, Sync update, rebuild transmission, it's back there right now for another transmission issue as I am typing) if this is a normal behavior for the car. Thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Turning on heated seats blows air past heating elements before it goes through the seats. The air is going to be at the ambient temperature of the vehicle until the heating elements warm up. I often use remote start a minute or so before getting in the MKC to mitigate this situation.

Reactions: symetry

·
Registered
1 Posts
Heated seats question

Is it possible to have the heated seats turn on from remote start as well as heated steering wheel ?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Diamond Dave:

Check out your owner's manual. It has instructions on how the heated seats and steering wheel settings can be modified. From what I can see, the heated (driver's) seat and steering wheel come on together if set to activate on remote start.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Yes both the heated seats and steering wheel can be turned on with the remote start.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts