Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With 15,500km on the car and winter still around, I noticed that the heated seats (both driver and passenger)would sometimes take 5 minutes before warming up. Other times only a minute, on high setting
At the highest setting on other cars it took less than a minute before feeling heat.
Steering wheel heats in less than a minute.
Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Bradley:

Do you have a Reserve with heated and cooled seats? If so, the heating elements are not embedded in the seat. They are part of a "forced-air HVAC system" that heats or cools air in the vehicle that is blown through the perforations in the seats. It takes longer for the seats to warm up when the air temperature in the vehicle is lower. On cold days I like to use the remote start and have the MKC running for a couple of minutes before I get in it.

Slower seat heat is a trade-off for getting seat cooling but the net benefit is worth it.

Reactions: mrmikesdeuce

·
Registered
153 Posts
Bradley:

Do you have a Reserve with heated and cooled seats? If so, the heating elements are not embedded in the seat. They are part of a "forced-air HVAC system" that heats or cools air in the vehicle that is blown through the perforations in the seats. It takes longer for the seats to warm up when the air temperature in the vehicle is lower. On cold days I like to use the remote start and have the MKC running for a couple of minutes before I get in it.

Slower seat heat is a trade-off for getting seat cooling but the net benefit is worth it.

Thank you for explaining that. I wondered why the seats in my '17 Reserve took so much longer to heat than the seats in my '14 Escape Titanium or my wife's '11 Escape Limited

·
Registered
647 Posts
What year is your MKC? Have you had the TSBs for the heated seat issue performed? I have an MKC and have had 2 TSBs done which helped with the seats heating a little quicker but still no where near as fast as in my Toyotas and Lexus. BTW, the Lexus had heated/cooled seats and the seats still heated quicker than in the MKC.

·
Registered
153 Posts
What year is your MKC? Have you had the TSBs for the heated seat issue performed? I have an MKC and have had 2 TSBs done which helped with the seats heating a little quicker but still no where near as fast as in my Toyotas and Lexus. BTW, the Lexus had heated/cooled seats and the seats still heated quicker than in the MKC.

My vehicle is a '17 Reserve with the climate package (heated/cooled seats). I don't know if there are any TSBs that apply to my vehicle!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts