Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.……...brand new member, not an MKC owner yet but shopping & seriously thinking on it.
I've been looking at all the competitive brands...…...all of 'em. All pretty good. I like the simple straight forward systems of the MKC, the look, and love the new 2019 front end grill, simple and clean.

I'm a bit spoiled, owning a 2011 Audi S5 Cabriolet...…...the finest machine I've ever experienced. The Audi dealers treat you like Gold.

The new MKC Reserve would be for my wife, downsizing from a big GMC Acadia. The MKC is the ideal size, nimble, easy to handle and park.

Questions :

Overall, do the Ford/Lincoln dealers do a pretty good job? Does an MKC deliver trouble free service...….overall. Are y'all satisfied with the overall quality ? We're old senior people and don't race around, always treat our cars gently, keep them clean and garaged. Location : Atlanta, Ga.

Appreciate any comments...…..than you !! :smile

·
Registered
153 Posts
Welcome Pete! I too am a senior (74). I bought my MKC Reserve in 2017. It has all the bells and whistles, and the 2.3 liter motor. I'm very happy with it, and have had no problems at all. When it comes to dealers, I say look around. Not all dealers are created equal. I have three different dealers in my area (Syracuse, NY). I shopped around for the best deal, but also noticed differences in the way I was treated . Not only did I get my best deal and trade-in, but also the best experience. From the service manager to the general manager the folks were friendly and helpful. My salesman even spent several hour helping me to get a $500 military discount from Ford. It made for the best new car buying experience I've ever had. I think you would enjoy a MKC if you bought one, but definitely look at different dealers (if possible) for you best deal and experience.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I have a 2015 Reserve with all the options and unfortunately I have not had a trouble free ownership...in fact it has been the most troublesome car I have ever owned out of the 10 vehicles I have owned over the past 39 years. The majority of the problems have been computer and electronics related. And a few times it has taken several trips to the dealer to get the same issue resolved. Dealing with Lincoln has been frustrating to say the least. Many of my issues with the car have been experienced by many others on this forum. Maybe because it was the first model year. I would hope that many of the issues have been resolved now that the 2019 model year is here. Lincoln has had 4 years to get it right.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pete, I leased (3 year lease) a 2016 MKC Reserve in March 2016, so I have had it 2 yrs and 3 months (am within 9 months of the lease end).

I like it well enough that I am seriously considering keeping (buying) it at the end of the lease if I can buy it for a price I find acceptable. I do like it a lot (and my wife also likes it, although she almost never drives it) but that’s not to say my experience has all been positive.

The battery gave up the ghost after 18 months, requiring a jump (free Lincoln roadside service) and a new battery (covered by warranty)—thus I was not out any of my own $ to rectify this, but it was annoying/inconvenient to have to deal with.

I’ve had an issue (much like many other MKC owners) with one of the powered side mirrors going berserk, trying repeatedly to position itself and then giving up after, maybe, 10 or 15 seconds. Lincoln issued a TSB (technical service bulletin) that my local Ford dealer’s service department implemented under warranty—and that took care of it for several months but now it has resumed doing it once in a while with an added feature: The mirror housing folds out (just as it’s supposed to) after using the key fob to unlock the vehicle and after starting the engine—but the mirror doesn’t position itself to precisely the position it’s supposed to (it’s facing down). I have to reposition the mirror myself using the controls on the driver’s door armrest. I understand there’s a fix for that, too, but (I think) it requires disassembling the mirror housing and removing it from and reinstalling it on the door. I have not yet tried taking my MKC to my Lincoln dealer’s service department (in another city) to see if they can fix that. Irritating but not yet a show-stopper for me.

There has been a rumble from the general area of the left front top-of-dash audio speaker. It’s not constant (it comes and goes) and I have found that stuffing some folded-up black felt in that area has helped some. Irritating but not a show-stopper for me.

The short range (small gas tank) in my model year (2016) has been fixed somewhat in later years (a bit larger gas tank in more recent model years).

On the plus side, I generally like the mileage I get with my 2.0L engine on the highway, and it’s acceptably good enough for my in-town driving. I really do like the features and the quietness and the comfort—enough so that I may buy it at lease end (depending on price) and keep it a couple years more before getting something else with a hybrid or plug-in hybrid engine.

I hope the problem areas I have experienced have been fixed/are no longer troublesome areas with the current version of the MKC. My advice to you is to consider my and others’ input and, if you think you’d like an MKC and if you’re happy with the deal you’re offered, go for it.

A friend (a diehard GM lover and general hater/ridiculer of all things Ford) spent several days driving it a year ago and remarked several times how much he liked it and would have considered buying one if he was in the market for a new vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts