Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well folks,
I did the 3-4 month search for a luxry SUV vehicle, and drove Caddys , BMWs, Accuras , Lexus, and a few others,
They are all great cars,
But doggone...I just coldn't get away from that MKC... that pushbutton gearshiftin, those cushy soft seats, that QUIET smooth ride, and dang.....the Sync 3 technology...just did it for me.

So I drove home with it Friday 8/3/18..
Cool car,
Did I tellya , I love that Pearl Ivory color also.

I had to stop 6 times on my way home.....just to get out and let my butt laugh..

Hope my love affair holds up for at least 2 years....
I figger thats how long it will take me to learn all the stuff on it.

Thanks for having me.

IMG_20180804_094011907.jpg

IMG_20180804_094101269.jpg

IMG_20180804_094154656.jpg

Jim

·
Registered
83 Posts
Very nice! Welcome. So, did the MKC ride better than the competition? If so, do you have the continuously variable/adjustable suspension? I think the MKC rides horrible. That would be my single, worst complaint about mine. In normal setting, the ride is very rough. In "Comfort" mode, it's very wishy-washy, and rocks like an old Buick. I didn't drive the competition, but I'm comparing to all my most recent vehicles: '12 Ram, '14 Edge, '14 Durango, '17 Fusion, '17 Grand Cherokee. All rode night and day better than my MKC. Thus, I'm surprised that many come on here praising the "ride" and "seats". I also don't think the seats are great -- unless one has a small frame. The leather quality is great, and much better than all others I've had.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I won't say that the MKC ride is extremely better than the competition,

But I have been test driving the competition for over 3 months, and IMHO....the MKC is smoother riding on the roads in my area,

The seat softness, comfort was a big deal for me.... much softer.

The BMW , X1 or X3 was ike sitting on a concrete slab,
The Caddy XT5 was better but still gave me butt burn after 20 minutes.

None of the competition compared as far as quiet inside cabin .

Yeah , handling is a bit mushy.... not too bad, but I'm not a road racer anyway.

Just an old retired guy wanting some comfort.

Fits me and the wife perfectly.

jim

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dabg,
Any Moderaators or Adns here????

Wish yall would correct my title ...
wet Ky...to West Ky.

I hate mis spellin..

Jim