Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined today, 5-20-18 and looking forward to jumping in when I can. My has has a 2015 2.0 Liter in Sapphire Blue and loves it! We bought it last summer with 7,000 miles. Now it has 12,300 so you can see she does not go very far.
One new question is on a coolant change. I see that the 2.0 has a capacity of 9.7 quarts and being that the car is now 3 years old since the build date, I want to flush and refill using the orange coolant. Yes, to many I'm wasting money, but I don't care. I change coolant every two years on all my cars. I've changed many times coolant and I was just wondering is there a procedure printed somewhere? The owner's manual is of no value and I don't have the shop manual as of yet. Thanks to anyone who has done this in the past. Thanks!:smile

·
Registered
733 Posts
Today’s coolants last much longer then the old days. I will change mine per the owners manual which looks like at 100k miles. But I probably will have replaced the MKC before then since I’m only at 20k miles.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coolant

Yes, it is much better today for sure, but I intend to change it every two years regardless of what the owner's manual says. Has anyone out there done this procedure yet???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The radiator drain plug is nearly impossible to reach, is there a special tool???

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts