Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 MKC Reserve with 85,000 miles. This unit has been great to me, thus far and she deserves to be looked after in return as nothing, at all, major, so very pleased thus far... Tranny and rad both recently flushed; value your input and advisse to help me prioriitize what is next and so on? Respect this question(ss) may already of been answered? I have now owned this vehicle much longer than anticipated, due to market conditions and also have not hung onto or owned this high of mileage of vehicle for several decades and appears we will ride this MKC to what may be well over 100,000 miles as I await supply and demand issues post pandemic to return to whatever normal is. Thinking that brake flush-pads next; then dropping rear and front (?) differentials; any of you needed or proactively replaced the timing chain and other things, like spark plugs at 100,000 miles and? Yes - regular synthetic oil changes on my previous CPO unit purchased five+/- years ago with 20,000 miles. Thanks in advance.

Administrator
I don't know if it is as necessary on these, but Ford/Lincoln is known to recommending no oil changes to the PTU, and in previous years they have had a lot of PTU failures because of this, I always change my fluid in my PTU every 100,000 just in case

Registered
Timing chains should last to 200k miles. Yeah PTU should be changed. Spark plugs is easy and cheap. rear differential would not be a bad thing to do (should be inexpensive). brake fluid bleeding to fresh fluid (or flush).. every 100k is a good thing to do. not much else I can think of.

Registered
I had the dealer change my transmission and PTU fluid around 50k. Might be over-kill, but lots of driving up and down Colorado mountains works these parts pretty hard. I use the shifter paddles quite a lot for engine braking on the downhill sides. My brake pad are still good at about 65k, and in the mountains that's unusual. The 6 speed does quite well in the mountains. This car is very good in the snow (up to its ground clearance limits), and I'd like it to last.

I do have a related question for the knowledgeable here though...
I used to always flush and fill my own radiator/cooling system. Coming up on 5 years on the factory fill. Might be about time. Is that easy to do on a '17 MKC with the 2L, auto, AWD? I'm not sure where to start on this thing.

Dave O.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts