Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Guys, Might want to check the horn from the steering wheel. Needed it for the first time, yesterday, & . . . nothing!! Luckily, was able to avoid Christmas shopper backing into me, but close!! BTW, horn still works fine from key fob.

Anyone else with problem? Taking in for repair end of week, but apparently service @ dealer has not had such reported with other MKCs.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Let us know what you find out. Mine works, but I have to really press it and in just the right spot. I brought it up to my Service Dept., but they didn't think anything was out of order.

·
Registered
524 Posts
It could be as simple as the fuse being blown and the easiest place to start. Being a new vehicle you can take it in and suggest they start with that, or do it yourself.

Keep us posted, good luck.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Let us know what you find out. Mine works, but I have to really press it and in just the right spot. I brought it up to my Service Dept., but they didn't think anything was out of order.
km not to hi jack this thread but did you ever get your app error fixed?

·
Registered
239 Posts
km not to hi jack this thread but did you ever get your app error fixed?
Not yet, but called them again just a couple days ago. They said the last release a couple months ago was intended to fix all these issues, but, if individual owners are still experiencing problems, then they still need to look into it.

I also asked them about the missing oil info on the status screen and they said cars with modems that begin with "NE" (like mine...) are not showing it in the app. It's another issue they are working on... Your modem info is in the System Info menu inside the Help menu inside the Settings tab on your MLT screen in the center dash. Click on the "2 gears" icon at the bottom of the screen, then "Help", then " Sys. Info", then scroll. It says CPPM or something like that and the number should begin with "NE" or "T". Modems that begin with " NE" are not broadcasting the oil info to the app.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi, Guys, Might want to check the horn from the steering wheel..
Yes! Gotta push it really hard in just the correct spot.

Never can make it work in an emergency. :crying

Reactions: kmccart

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes! Gotta push it really hard in just the correct spot.

Never can make it work in an emergency. :crying

Agree. This is a safety issue far more worthy of a recall than the one for the transmission button placement.

Reactions: kmccart

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry getting back . . appreciate the input.
As you've described, my MKC horn requires much more pressure than any car I've driven & in a very specific area of wheel. (That area is NOT near the raised horn emblem! ). Not a problem, now that I know this . . I hope.
May not be a problem for those with larger hands, but IMO worth checking out before needed. Yelling not too effective a substitute! ;)

·
Registered
881 Posts
Many years ago, horn buttons used to be activated by a (usually chrome half moon) but nowadays, due to airbag packaging they stopped using the additional half moon... the spot where you find the horn button on modern cars, is just a spot just around 1" diameter.....in an emergency, good luck finding that 1"....most people would automatically use the palm of their hands to "hit" the button, most times that ALSO fails!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Off topic but noticed comment above about Start/Transmission button location

We started looking at the 15's but decided to buy a 16 for various reasons.
When I initially read about the recall to move the Start button I thought it was an overreaction.

However: Was changing radio stations yesterday and reached for the station preset on far left side of the screen and...........
Yep, shifted the transmission into 'S".
Of course nothing happened but it was a quick lesson that these things can happen to us all and the relocation is a seemingly small but important move.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Agree. This is a safety issue far more worthy of a recall than the one for the transmission button placement.
I am not a big user of the horn. I think I have used my horn (via the wheel) maybe 4-5 times in the last 5 years. I have used the horn (via the keyfob lock) quite often to be sure the car is locked - or to find the car in a parking lot!

The transmission button placement was a huge safety issue for me. I also have a 2013 MKZh which had the start stop at the top from the beginning. Not sure why they moved it to the bottom for the MKC. But I was consistently shutting off my MKC unexpectedly because the on/off button at the bottom was where the "D" was on my MKZh.

After the change - all is more consistent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts