Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Saturday evening.

Earlier today, I took delivery of a gently used, very low mileage, 2017 MKC Black Label.

Is there something I now should do with regards to registering it with Lincoln ?

I should like to be able to monitor it as well as remote start it from my phone but I'm unsure of how to proceed.

Suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
you won't need to call Lincoln to say "hey I own one now". if you need service they will enter you in.

download the app and follow the steps. be with your vehicle and have it running when you do it. (you'll need to follow prompt(s) on your car screen too.)
Also in the driver door jam is bar code you will scan with your phone, so you might want to locate that before start setting up the car.
In my case I needed the service technician to get my car fully set up in the app. Modem had a problem.

side note what did you get? ( color, engine, features, etc..) and cost? if you don't mind sharing.

Reactions: symetry

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.

Although I haven't done anything yet with Sync, setting "things" up on the vehicle as far as lights, locks and things was really pretty easy.
I found a lot of videos on the Lincoln site that were way easy to follow.

But this computer stuff has thrown me for a loop.
I'm old. This is really confusing stuff for me.

What app would that be, do you think ?

Would you by any chance, be in the know, about the modem that is built into my MKC ?
Like ...
What is it for ?
How does one set it up
Are there costs associated with setting it p and using it ? (For whatever it may be used for.)
Do I need the modem set up and functioning in order for the above app to work ?

I'm so confused.

Thanks in advance for anything you may be in a position to share.

Ray in Wisconsin

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And ...
White.
6,000 miles, certified pre-owned. (1 owner.)
We paid 34,000.00
Windows sticker, when new was 55,000.00.
They were asking 39,000.
The dealership gave me 5,000 for my 2010 Lacrosse as a trade in
It has just about every option I have heard of (and some I never knew existed) on it.
Auto lift gate (you wave your foot under it and it opens and closes)
Rain sensing wipers.
Sync3. (Whatever that is.)
Rear camera.
Front camera.
It can parallel park and even gets the car out of a space if its parked in, (Gonna be some time before we try those features out.)
It senses cars in your blind spots and let's you know about it.
It knows if the car is drifting across lanes and tells you about it.
Active noise cancellation.
Active cruise control so it will slow down the car if I am creeping up on a car in front. (You can tell the system how many car lengths to maintain.)
The vehicle lights up the pavement on each side, with a Lincoln logo when you unlock it.
A modem. (I have no idea what it is used for.)
A CD player.
All wheel drive.

Except for the CD Player and all wheel drive, It's not like I went out looking for the above things.
They just came with the car.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Lincoln app is something you can load/ install on a smartphone like iphone or android.

modem is nothing you need to worry about on your vehicle. any issues with it -- it's a dealership service thing.

·
Registered
647 Posts
When you install the Lincoln app on your phone, it communicates to Lincoln and then to the modem in your car. The modem is like the modem in your home which gives your computer access to the internet. You can lock/unlock the doors, start/stop the car and set up auto starts. This is where you set a date/time that you want the car to start and the car will start at that set time automatically without you having to do anything. This is useful in cold climates where you want to get into a warm car or in hot climates where you want to get into a cooled car. The app also monitors the oil life, tire pressures, mileage and a few other things. You can also find gas stations, parking, where your car is located, etc.

·
Registered
647 Posts
You can load the app onto your phone by going to the google store on your phone, searching for the Lincoln Way app and then installing it. You do need a functioning modem in the car for the app to work. I have a 2015 MKC and using the app is free....I assume this is still true for the later models but I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm grateful for the information.
Thing are much clearer now.

I'll give installing and configuring the Lincoln Way app a shot.

Thanks again

Ray in Wisconsin

·
Registered
277 Posts
Right.

These new cars are alot like your phones and PCs.

The manual is a phone book size and you are better off taking yourself to the 'University of Driveway'.
Spend time burrowing into the menus to see what is there and where things are. You cannot hurt a thing. If you get lost just power off the car and start over.
I suggest first looking at the menus that show left and right of the steering wheel (manual page 112 to get started). This is where the functional setups for how the car operates are put. Get comfortable with working down the branching commands and that left arrow to back yourself out.
Then you will be more ready to see what is on the Synch touch screen. Most of that is the non critical entertainment/navigation.
We all love that the MKC does not depend on that touch screen (exclusively) to do climate control. REAL BUTTONS!
You will probably find defaults are just fine for your taste in most settings.

Reactions: symetry
1 - 10 of 10 Posts