Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 2.0 FWD. I bought it with 32K miles in August of 2019, and now it has 75K miles in February of 2021. I change the fluids and perform maintenance on time, but how long should I realistically expect this car to last? Thanks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Q: How long will it last... A: as long as you want it to, if you don't live in the rust belt. You'll just have to deal with repairs.
You'll have to decide of love-of-vehicle verses increase chance of expensive repairs. Historically you tend not to see many Fords/Lincolns with 200k miles on the road.
Read the posts on this board and see what are common problems & costs and weigh things in your mind.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The best answer to this question is it depends. Good maintenance is very important, especially oil changes, and even more important with turbocharged engines. But there are times when a person can do perfect maintenance but their vehicle still has lots of issues. There's always a bad egg in the bunch and some people are unfortunate enough to end up with one, whereas the other guy gets a good one. It's a game of chance. Before buying my 2018 I browsed Cars.com and saw a 2015 listed with 205K miles so it's possible to get a lot of use out of them. I'm assuming it had the original engine and transmission. There are also other examples of ones with 120/150K miles.

·
Administrator
623 Posts
My goal is for 300 K prior to upgrade

1 - 4 of 4 Posts