Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed a glove box on a 2016 MKC. I have not seen it anywhere on this forum, maybe because it is simple? I looked under and inside the glove box and it appears to need 4 bolts to be removed (2 of each kind). Is that all and correct? I ask because I do not want to get started and find out it is more involved than that because I am old and stiff. I had also read somewhere that it is held on by 4 push pins which I did not see. Thanks for any help.

Administrator
I will send you a pdf. I am so busy through the week but should get it to you this weekend.
If I remember correctly you have to remove the side cover and there is 6 7mm screws put it has been a few years since this was done

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I look forward to receiving your pdf file and any other pictures or detail. Thank you.

Administrator
Check your PM - please don't share

Registered
Has anyone removed a glove box on a 2016 MKC. I have not seen it anywhere on this forum, maybe because it is simple? I looked under and inside the glove box and it appears to need 4 bolts to be removed (2 of each kind). Is that all and correct? I ask because I do not want to get started and find out it is more involved than that because I am old and stiff. I had also read somewhere that it is held on by 4 push pins which I did not see. Thanks for any help.
I put actual gloves in the glove compartment of my 2015 MkC and a warning light came on.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check your PM - please don't share
Thanks for the PM. I was able to remove the glove box successfully, by removing the 4 screws, and the side panel with the 5 retainers, so that I could remove the additional 4 retainers that were holding the glove box. Now I can get to the electrical connectors behind the glove box.

Reactions: copbait
1 - 7 of 7 Posts