Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I have 2016 MKC. A lot of people says that MKC has very comfortable front seats. Maybe... But I have upper back pain after 15 minutes driving my MKC. I tried different settings, but nothing helped. Even simple rental Hyundai feels better than my MKC. It's the used car, so maybe something happened with the seat before I bought it. Before going with that assumption, I want to reset the position of the driver seat to the factory position. Can't find any information on how to do it. Maybe somebody knows how to reset a driver's seat to the factory position?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2015 and I can't find anything about returning the memory seats to factory positions in the owner manual. I think for something like this - disconnecting the battery is your best bet to clear all memory settings. On my 2015 disconnecting the battery is a pain in the behind because of the way the battery is seated under the hood. Good luck.

For what it's worth - the MKC seats have everything going over the seats in the new Edge. They are using some sort of recycled foam material that breaks down pretty fast and you can actually feel the unyielding steel frame beneath the seat when you sit in them the right way after about 24 months or so. WAY less than most people take to finish paying for the unit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don’t believe that there is a factory default setting. Set the seat to where you are comfortable, I understand your back pain issue, and set to memory. Additionally, when back pain issue occurs adjust seat to where you are comfortable set set memory to 2.

·
Registered
277 Posts
+1 I do not think there is a factory reset.

I suggest less backrest angle trials - and more seat bottom elevation trials to find a comfort spot.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have back pain everyday & the MKC is the most comfortable car i have had!!!!
There is a Button on the lower side of the seat for Lumber Support.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts