Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
In Columbus (bob boyd) the one with 90k miles?
Best advice (prior to purchase) go to Rob in service and ask him to pull up the service records. so you know all repairs done there or warranty work done.
2) see if new modem put in to use with app
3) use an OBDII reader to see if there are any codes.
4) listen for noise while going over pot holes. (mine had this issue)
5) have them update the software to the latest version for the center console.(if not already)

·
Registered
318 Posts
6.) Negotiate in the cost of fluid changes including - oil - RDU - PTU.
Really great idea. Have them change the RDU & PTU fluid prior to purchase, along with brake fluid and might as well have them do the radiator fluid, too. Small price for them to do it to close the deal vs the cost to you if you paid the service center.

·
Registered
318 Posts
slight rough idle might be the side effect of a direct injection and the build up of carbon.
Cupping might mean the suspension is aged.
I suggest pickup used rims (smaller than 20) and that will help you find cheaper tires.

·
Registered
318 Posts
TourGuide, My friend has a tesla and the 'fill up cycle' is charging at home (every night or twice a week I have no idea) but he never needs a independent station to charge unless he is on a trip and mostly likely the trips are on highways which tend to have charging stations. So if you drive less than 250 miles a day (on average) you'll never need to go out of your way to charge unlike petrol stations which you need to stop at verse just go home. BUT you will need to get a special outlet at home to charge which is an added expense.

·
Registered
318 Posts
At home chargers running on 220/240v high amp line can charge your car 'fully' overnight (I think about 4 hours). The travel day I was speaking about is your daily commute not a limit per day. Yes the big issue is a road trip vacation. Most of the EV owners stop at a place where they can charge and eat. One hour is usually enough to get the battery to +80%. If you were to do 700 miles in a day you'd probably extend your trip about 1.5 hours for charging. (yuck) My problem is most hotels, where I travel to, lack a charger -- so this is my EV issue. I want to stay and charge overnight. I drive 210 miles one way (3.5 hours) and would want to charge at the hotel overnight and wake up fully charged and back on the road worry free. Hotels are slowly adopting charging stations, on property, but not fast enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.