Lincoln MKC Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had really bad cupping on my 2015 when I picked it up at 39k. I drove on those shot tires for about a year before I scraped together the cash for a set of new Nokians (WGR4s). The good news in my case was that it totally changed the NVH qualities of the vehicle. I just cannot believe how much better it is now. It shows how new shoes make a huge difference where ride is concerned.

The heat feature on these seats take FOREVER to warm - so that may not actually have anything technically wrong with it - just a poor design. My cooled seats on the other hand work rather quickly.

You've got a nice looking unit there. Good luck on negotiating - tough time at the moment. Keep us posted on how you do.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It would be nice if electric were more viable than hype right now. Perhaps one day the infrastructure and battery tech will catch up to the wish everyone has for the technology.

My requirements revolve around two things not yet possible. 1.) A charging network that is as easily accessible as the current petrol system. - and 2.) Batteries that can take a charge in an equivalent amount of time to fueling a ICE vehicle.

Those things are a LONG way off as far as I can see. For my needs electric just does not get me there.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It sounds like charging is a bit more accessible than I thought. The big barrier for me is the time to charge - which limits you to about a 300 mile (or 250 on average as you quote) radius of travel per day. That turns a warm weather trip to Florida into a three or four day event. If a person didn't really care about travel time - I can see how this would be irrelevant - but if you are a family on spring break with a week to travel it is a deal breaker.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah - it is a huge infrastructure problem and one where I think the electric grid may lack the capacity currently to implement enough of this. Then there is the question of fast charging versus slow charging being harder on the battery longevity. This point is a battery tech problem - and one that I hope gets better over time, but if I end up shortening the life of my (very expensive) battery pack in order to do fast charging that begins to cut into the value proposition of electric.

Don't get me wrong - I WANT electric to work. I just see less value in it as it currently stands than what the hype surrounding it seems to indicate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.