Lincoln MKC Forum banner

I officially did it (motor swap)

7K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  copbait 
#1 ·
Well I would have never done it if it was not necessary. I bought a 2017 Lincoln MKC 2.0L which was damaged in an accident causing a hole in the oil pan and the oil filter to be knocked off. I replaced the oil pain, filter housing, and filter. After I started it I noticed a very minimal knock in motor and assumed it was the noisy fuel pump and injectors but after I put a steth on the block I noticed it was coming from cylinder 4, I figured it was too late to turn around and I would try to stress test the motor and see if it would be dependable or not. About 300 miles in, the knock was no more or less noticeable and I decided to dog the motor, and after about an hour of intermittent wot when I could she blew up.

Now I have a 2015 mkc parts car with a 2.3L and decided to see if I could make these different motors integrate. I was able to discuss options with the folks at forscan and found a lot of good information on the motorcraft.com website. The motor is plug and play with some manual wiring needed due to AC changes between 2015 and 2017. I had major issues with the pcm because the PCM in my 2017 had the correct vin and pats but wrong calibration, and the 2015 pcm had the correct calibration but would need a trip to the dealership for VIN and PATS programming. I was able find PCM tear tag info and latest calibration file numbers on the motorcraft website, then I was able to flash it with forscan. Everything works now like it should. I believe I offically have a car that does not hardly match its VIN.:wink

See less See more
#6 ·
It took a lot of trial and error but with Forscan (2.4 beta not 2.3 beta) and a correct wiring harness, it was really easy. I have put 8,000 miles on it without problem :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.