Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend we took a long drive in the country and at first I noticed the navigation indicating a no GPS signal. The longer we drove the Sync system ran slower and slow to where there were very very slow button responses.. The navigation instructions cut in and out. The radio would mute for the navigation instructions then would not unmute... Did a master reset when we go home but the next day the problems continued. Our MKC has been a pretty good ride up until now. Getting very frustrated - I still have a year and a half of warranty but I'm starting to worry about owning this thing beyond the end of the warranty.

·
Registered
99 Posts
How od is the battery , and what condition is it in?

Just thinking out loud.

Jim

·
Registered
170 Posts
I test drove a used 2017 and the Sync 3 locked up. I needed to shut off the car and restart it to get thing to work again. soooo.... I am not surprised.

My thoughts would be to update to software version 3.0 (if you're still on 2.x) to see if that solves the problem. If you're on v3.0 then take a ride to Lincoln. who know they may replace it under warranty.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer called and said the Sync3 APIM is bad (expensive part)... Based on our discussion when I brought it in a fair amount of the APIMs are failing.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The dealer called and said the Sync3 APIM is bad (expensive part)... Based on our discussion when I brought it in a fair amount of the APIMs are failing.
I also have a 2016 and the entire head unit died when I tried to update to v3.0. They needed to replace the APIM two weeks ago, took them 4 days to get the part. The car is at the dealer again today as it will not communicate with the "Lincoln Way" app. Concierge said it covered under SSM-47160 the service writer this morning says it may be another module.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I got my MKC back with a new APIM and new software loaded (I even got the newer maps!). Also the TSB specific to the 2.6 engines was done (mentioned in another post). The vehicle was returned fully detailed outside and the interior was spotless.. I'm lucky I have a pretty good Lincoln only dealer (Napleton Lincoln).

Reactions: symetry

·
Registered
69 Posts
WOW, it sounds like they took real good care of you! What is the TSB that was done for the engine? Any idea what years it applies to?

·
Registered
647 Posts
What is APIM? A couple of days ago I was driving home, using the navigation system and after about 2 hours the entire Sync system locked up. None of the functions (audio, nav, climate, phone) would work. I tried to adjust the audio using the volume control and it would not work either. Fortunately when this happened I was just a couple minutes away from stopping to fill the car with gas. When I restarted the car everything was working normal again. This is the first time that I have had this happen. I'm now wondering if my Sync system is failing after 3 years?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
What is APIM? A couple of days ago I was driving home, using the navigation system and after about 2 hours the entire Sync system locked up. None of the functions (audio, nav, climate, phone) would work. I tried to adjust the audio using the volume control and it would not work either. Fortunately when this happened I was just a couple minutes away from stopping to fill the car with gas. When I restarted the car everything was working normal again. This is the first time that I have had this happen. I'm now wondering if my Sync system is failing after 3 years?
FWIW, you can reboot the Sync System while in motion. On my 2015 MKC and 2017 MKZ - press and hold the Power and Fast Forward buttons. When it happened to me, full functionality came back after the reboot. It even remembered my destination that was in the nav system. On these two Lincolns, I have probably had a handful of lockups in the past few years, one just yesterday.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Kenz, thanks will have to remember to try that

·
Registered
99 Posts
"press and hold the Power and Fast Forward buttons. "

Thanks for that tip.

Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same is happening to my 2016 MKC. They said they’d have to run a diagnostic for $175 and could apply that fee to the problem. This is insane - bought this car brand new and have never missed a single recommended service. Not even five years old and the sync and Nav/map don’t work properly. My nav/map and sync only works correctly about 10% of the time. If this is what I can expect from Lincoln I’ll never buy another one. Sounds like a widespread issues. Maybe class action!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I got my MKC back with a new APIM and new software loaded (I even got the newer maps!). Also the TSB specific to the 2.6 engines was done (mentioned in another post). The vehicle was returned fully detailed outside and the interior was spotless.. I'm lucky I have a pretty good Lincoln only dealer (Napleton Lincoln).
How much did they charge for the APIM?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts