Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure it is buried somewhere in the manual..but how can you increase the sound on NAV?

·
Registered
15 Posts
The easiest way is to just turn the volume control on the steering wheel up or down while she is speaking. The level you choose will be on next time.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Also voice commands do it i.e. "navigation, voice guidance louder". Also in settings you can control volume.

·
Registered
188 Posts
There is two places where you can adjust voice prompts. For the system, sync, text message reading etc. It is right under system settings.

For Navigation prompt level, it is under the Navigation settings.

Rayo

Reactions: laurel

·
Registered
188 Posts
I checked, it under settings system and settings voice prompts. Nothing under navigation.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Too bad Lincoln doesn't have customer service reps that GM has on forums.
If i come across anything i'll post it here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I adjust the nav volume up or down all the time depending on highway noise, passenger noise, annoyance factor or my need to know exact instructions. You can adjust volume through the system settings menu, but if I had to scroll through that, I would probably never change the setting.

Just turn the volume control (on the steering wheel or the knob on the radio) up or down while she is talking. The nav volume will change and that will be the new setting until you turn it up or down again. The stereo volume will not have changed. The radio button/knob regulates navigation volume only while she is talking.

Or alternatively, as laurel says, just say "navigation, voice louder" (or softer) and the volume will go up or down one notch. I adjust the volume control manually as I find it easier, but that's only my preference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just turn the volume control (on the steering wheel or the knob on the radio) up or down while she is talking. The nav volume will change and that will be the new setting until you turn it up or down again. The stereo volume will not have changed. The radio button/knob regulates navigation volume only while she is talking.
Yes, you need to adjust the volume WHILE she is talking. you'll see it on the bottom left where the volume level is listed. If you turn the knob while she is giving you turn instructions, it will say "Navigation volume" or something like that instead of the normal "Speaker volume" that you get when you adjust volume while radio is playing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts