Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had to replace the original battery in my 2016 MKC Reserve 2.3L. The battery crapped out while at home, tried to recharge but it would not take a charge so I decided to replace it myself. Quite a job to say the least, thankfully I saw the video in an earlier post on this subject. I actually got the battery out without taking the air box out but getting the new one back in was impossible, way too tight. Once I got the air box out it was fairly simple. One auto parts website stated that it should be "professionally installed" and that would be great if you could get the car to the "professional". Next vehicle there are several things I will definitely check instead of being seduced by the 2.3L turbo, lol.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One weird thing that happened was when I hooked the power cables up the horn blew and when I started the vehicle the "Advanced Traction" symbols showed up and it would not let me scroll through the settings. I disconnected the positive pole for a minute then reconnected and everything was normal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Finally had to replace the original battery in my 2016 MKC Reserve 2.3L. The battery crapped out while at home, tried to recharge but it would not take a charge so I decided to replace it myself. Quite a job to say the least, thankfully I saw the video in an earlier post on this subject. I actually got the battery out without taking the air box out but getting the new one back in was impossible, way too tight. Once I got the air box out it was fairly simple. One auto parts website stated that it should be "professionally installed" and that would be great if you could get the car to the "professional". Next vehicle there are several things I will definitely check instead of being seduced by the 2.3L turbo, lol.
I too went through this with the 2016. I knew the battery was a challenge to get out seeing the location. A dream would be to meet the "professional engineer" that designed the battery location. I normally would take on the task myself but was pleasantly suprised by the dealers quote of $155. They picked up the car , washed it, brought it back within 2 hrs.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have a 2017. The dealer replaced all mine. (not trying to rub it in.. I was in warranty) the point of my post---> I think I am on my 3rd battery in 4 years. I'm surprised yours lasted so long.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a 2017. The dealer replaced all mine. (not trying to rub it in.. I was in warranty) the point of my post---> I think I am on my 3rd battery in 4 years. I'm surprised yours lasted so long.
The trend i am seeing is a Lincoln battery problem. With the harsh winters here i have swapped out batteries on different vehicles around the 5.5 year period. I have not had a battery last less than 5 years in any vehicle i have ever owned. The other factor is the Lincoln i do have has more battery sucking gadgets on it than any other vehicle i have ever owned. Glad your battery was covered as it should. The Certified warranty on the used Lincoln i have wouldn't cover the battery.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the reason our battery lasted so long was that, being aware there were a lot of electronics, I got a Ctek charger/maintainer. Quick connect pigtail makes it easy to plug in over the weekend to keep battery at full charge. Our nearest dealer is 50 miles away so not a feasible option, the joys of rural living.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts