Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2015 MKC. I ordered a 2017 instrument cluster so I could get the digital speedometer in the middle. It’s coming in tomorrow, but do any of you know the process of removing the cluster and which trim pieces to remove and bolts to remove etc?

·
Super Moderator
377 Posts
If I remember right you have to remove the radio and lower trim cover and the upper dash it bolts in believe it or not from above the upper dash, if you want I can send you some pictures?

FYI that's a programming issue, you can do that with a forscan programmer

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have it mostly apart. I think I have to completely take off the soft touch stitched part in order to access the upper bolts. I assumed it would be a foracan programming, but everywhere I’ve looked it seems as if there is no way (unless you reflash the software with the 2017 version) to get the speedometer in the middle. I enable the one on the ride side, but that reads 60 mph when I’m only going 40. It’s quite off

·
Super Moderator
377 Posts
Oh that's crazy,I wonder why in the world it would be off like that. Yes you do have to take off that upper dash, that soft leather feeling section to access the top bolts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I got it off. Pain to get off, but I’m doing a SYNC 3 upgrade at the same time so I would’ve had to take it off anyways to mount the GPS.

·
Super Moderator
377 Posts
Where did you mount your GPS antenna, @Bufmicstuff is getting ready to do a SYNC 3 retrofit as well that might help him out

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Because I ended up taking the entire stitched dash out I ended up mounting it above the instrument cluster. Originally I had it mounted just under the center speaker above the radio. Picked up my location perfectly so that location seems to be less of a pain.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks, I have it mostly apart. I think I have to completely take off the soft touch stitched part in order to access the upper bolts. I assumed it would be a foracan programming, but everywhere I’ve looked it seems as if there is no way (unless you reflash the software with the 2017 version) to get the speedometer in the middle. I enable the one on the ride side, but that reads 60 mph when I’m only going 40. It’s quite off
For some unkonwn reason it
It looks like the digital reads speed as kilometers, but shows as MPH. My Canadian 2015 MKC digital that I enabled in the center of the speedometer is accurate with the dial for KM. It was originally out reading high 3-4 KM, but I was able to correct that with Forscan by entering 2174 cm circumference in BCM line 726-12-01 xxxx 087E xxxx. 087E is hex for 2174. Not that this solves your problem, just for your information. Copbait had sent me directions to remove the IPC but it was too daunting, so I decided not to. I was going to try and move the dial a couple of centimeters but Forscan solved my problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts