Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After going through everything I could find in the Owner’s Manual and suggestions from others with similar problems on the internet, I remembered upgrading my Sync 3 about 2 months ago.
Far-fetched I know but the Sync 3 is integrated into a lot of things. I did a Master reset on the Sync 3 following the instructions from the website below:
https://owner.ford.com/support/how-...3/settings/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html
After resetting, I also had to reactivate my Lincoln Connect app.
Intelligent access is now working on all doors.
I hope this can help someone else.

·
Super Moderator
286 Posts
Wow .. thanks for the information .. I would never think to try that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed, the Sync 3 master reset was not my first thought either. Since the problem was so specific (e.g., all doors affected except the drivers) it seemed more like a setting even though I also checked the fuses that sounded like they could be involved. I went through every setting including the not easily discovered two-stage unlocking being careful to add one variable at a time, it took awhile.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Interesting!

I just checked and my '19 shows an update is available. I tried through wifi and the searching update circle just keeps going round and round and searching for update is there. .It ran for 5 minutes and still didn't find the update. Has anyone been able to update using wifi?

·
Super Moderator
286 Posts
I tried to update sync 3 once through Wi-Fi, I never made it work, I just did it through the update tool on the website

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks, guys.
I just tried using the USB. I'm not very good at this type of stuff.
Anyway, I seem to have loaded the USB. Installed it and there was updating. However, it may have only taken 10 minutes. It said update complete and I can remove the USB. I checked the software number and it's still 3.0. Shouldn't the number be 3.3 or something. Any other sign the unit has been updated on the screen?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I thought I'd see 3.2 or 3.4 but on the owner's site I see this...

Your SYNC system (SYNC3 v3.0.20204) is up to date.

·
Super Moderator
286 Posts
3.4 is only available through Russian software

·
Registered
48 Posts
3.4 is only available through Russian software
I wouldn't try that.

I tried downloading the map update but it failed. Started from scratch and still failed.
I'll go for the $40 USB.

·
Super Moderator
286 Posts
I wouldn't try that.

I tried downloading the map update but it failed. Started from scratch and still failed.
I'll go for the $40 USB.
I did it to three vehicles without any problems, but I know lots of people have had problems with it, don't know why though

·
Registered
48 Posts
I did it to three vehicles without any problems, but I know lots of people have had problems with it, don't know why though
Most likely you are more computer savvy.
I'm going to try it again tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
286 Posts
Most likely you are more computer savvy.
I'm going to try it again tomorrow.
Just be careful, I've heard of people bricking their apim and that is a huge expense. If I would have heard that before I tried it the first time I would have never tried it. Now I'm a little more confident, I pushed updates about five or six times until I found the one that worked best, some of them have some major Gremlins in them

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just be careful, I've heard of people bricking their apim and that is a huge expense. If I would have heard that before I tried it the first time I would have never tried it. Now I'm a little more confident, I pushed updates about five or six times until I found the one that worked best, some of them have some major Gremlins in them
Yeah, I'll just go for the $40 stick update.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Probably no real surprise but after 6 days, the driver's door is the only intelligent access that works. I tried doing a master reset on the Sync 3 again and it made no difference. The good news is I know there are no user settings that are conflicting with each other causing the problem because I made no changes . I guess it is time to go to the dealer.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I had this exact issue with my 2019 MKC Reserve. Dealer replace the car battery and that solved the problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I installed the Map update. 1 17 to 1 19.
Needed it in my area because of the building all over and new roads the last few years. I'll do another update in a year or two if I still have the MKC.

I updated the Sync 3 to the latest 20204 version a few days earlier without any issues, fortunately.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yah, I was one of those that had a bunch of little things gone wrong (App, Missing data, Error message when startup) with 3.4 so I only updated the map to 1.19 and kept the Sync at 3.XXXX. Been using that since last year without any issues.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had this exact issue with my 2019 MKC Reserve. Dealer replace the car battery and that solved the problem.
Mine is also a 2019. Thanks for your reply. I tried putting a trickle charger on for a few days and I thought if it was the battery it would start working but it did not. Three days later the IA started working again for no apparent reason. My problem is I'm trying to find cause and affect. I live 2 hours round trip from the dealer and if they put me off it may take a few visits to keep it working. I will contact them when it stops again and report back. Did the dealer charge for the battery?

·
Registered
275 Posts
My Lincoln dealer did the analysis of the battery charge and said it needed replacing. Got approval from the Lincoln chain-of-command. No charge. Fixed the door opening issue. FYI my car is a 2.3 AWD and the battery is a lower AMP rating than my 2.0 FWD. The 2.3 does not have "start/stop" which the 2.0 has, so therefore a lower rated battery. Had the 2.3 2019 since November 2018, and this battery was replaced after about 16 months of service. Lots of around town driving and more than average trips/day.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts