Lincoln MKC Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My Lincoln dealer did the analysis of the battery charge and said it needed replacing. Got approval from the Lincoln chain-of-command. No charge. Fixed the door opening issue. FYI my car is a 2.3 AWD and the battery is a lower AMP rating than my 2.0 FWD. The 2.3 does not have "start/stop" which the 2.0 has, so therefore a lower rated battery. Had the 2.3 2019 since November 2018, and this battery was replaced after about 16 months of service. Lots of around town driving and more than average trips/day.
Thanks for the info. Talked to dealer today, next available appt 1/25, next available loaner 2/5. I scheduled the 2/5 but if the IA continues to work I'll probably cancel. At least the problem will be logged. I'll keep you informed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My Lincoln dealer did the analysis of the battery charge and said it needed replacing. Got approval from the Lincoln chain-of-command. No charge. Fixed the door opening issue. FYI my car is a 2.3 AWD and the battery is a lower AMP rating than my 2.0 FWD. The 2.3 does not have "start/stop" which the 2.0 has, so therefore a lower rated battery. Had the 2.3 2019 since November 2018, and this battery was replaced after about 16 months of service. Lots of around town driving and more than average trips/day.
You would think the higher rated battery would be in all MKC's. Bean counters again.

Reactions: copbait

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Just returned from dealer. After putting the car on their charger, they replaced the battery with no questions and no charge. Everything is good now. Thanks for your inputs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just returned from dealer. After putting the car on their charger, they replaced the battery with no questions and no charge. Everything is good now. Thanks for your inputs.
Went out later this evening, IA not working on 3 doors again even with new battery. I hate to say it but I didn't check it before I left the dealership, maybe it wasnt working then either. I guess I'll unlock from the drivers door only for awhile as the dealership is a lost day. I'll update here if anything of interest happens.

·
Super Moderator
336 Posts
Oh man that sucks.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts