Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

New to the forums. We live in north central Missouri. I've been looking for a domestic 'luxury' car with local serviceing. [Present stable is 1997 bmw 528i, 2003 subaru outback & 2003 chev k1500 longbed]. Drove a 2015 mkc (18000 miles) with the reserve (102a) group. Drove a lot of cars that day but the mkc was by far the most fun and interesting drive. Have been doing some snooping here and other places and it seems most owners think well of the mkc. According to carfax the factory delivery date is October, 2014. I have been reading the forum posts. Seems like there are typical odds and ends that go on.

What would folk suggest I be looking for physically and otherwise when I go back to dealer for an extended investigation?

TIA

Kim

·
Registered
139 Posts
Very few TADTS issues. More rogue problems and of course, ALL new age cars have some electrical gremlins. Lincoln hit one out of the park with the MKC. Ride is sedan like smooth esp considering its small stature. At 18K shouldn't be any major issues. I bought my 15 at 17700 and there were no issues except some curbed wheels. I knew full well it had a RR bumper repair but it was done flawlessly

·
Registered
277 Posts
I took delivery of mine October 2014, a Reserve that was factory ordered (wanted tow pkg).
Just check that the couple TSBs are caught up (modem, maybe Sirius if you care), and the usual proof of care docs for servicing and you should be good.
One item that may be specific to yours: feel the outside surfaces of the tail lamps and make sure there are no ridges where the red and white laminations come together. I had one tail light that leaked on those unglued seams and it died an expensive death.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you ddsski and midnite cruiser for your replies. Weather permitting I'm going to look at the car again on Thursday (1/11) and perhaps make an offer. I'll report back on what I find. Thanks again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Good luck with your search. I got what I think was a really good deal on my MKC at Olathe Ford/Lincoln last summer. You might want to check their site out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Husker. I'm pretty set on this particular car if tomorrow's inspection and haggling goes ok. It's cold, wet and about to snow here so I've put off the dealer visit 'til tomorrow.

Be well,

Kim

·
Registered
83 Posts
It's a fun ride, if you're by yourself. The ride is rough/jittery around town. My Fusion rides way better than the MKC. MKC is tight for a family of 4 on a long trip. Ours has had many "unscheduled" service visits. Check out the "issues" threads. Good luck. I'd stay clear of a 2015. I honestly wouldn't buy a MKC again. It's too small for our taste.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree that the MKC is fun to drive. I have had mine less than a year, but my only visit to the dealer was to stop a rattle in the dash. Putting it in "Comfort" mode gives a very compliant ride, and is great for traveling. It does have a bit more side to side travel than I would like. The back seat is tight for adults, but I rarely have anyone there, so it isn't a big deal in my case. The biggest drawback in my opinion is the gas mileage. I have the 2.3 which is a bit thirstier, but I only get around 15 to 17 in town. If I really baby it, I can get 18 to 19.

Good luck with your purchase!

·
Registered
76 Posts
If you think the MKC rear legroom is tight at 36.8, try an Audi Q3 at 31.1.

We had a Q3 for 18 months, even had a hard time with a child's car seat. I had to move the drivers seat up so my granddaughters legs wouldn't be hitting the back of the drivers seat and I'm 5' 8".

So for us, the MKC is much better.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hello timmib, To the best of my knowledge, I was the first to buy/lease a 2015 MKC in my area in July of 2014 - a very true first adoptor! Like many others, I had a few “new model” glitches, all of which were eventually taken care of. I had a 39 month lease and enjoyed driving the MKC practically the entire time. My wife and I drove it on two lengthy retirement trips, one to Maine (2,900 mi.) and the second to the Pacific Northwest (8,000+ mi.). The MKC was perfect for those trips and was trouble free! The 2.0 L engine was PERFECTION of our trips, averaging 27mpg. In the mountains and hills the Sport Mode was incredible! I might add that our MKC survived TWO rear-end collisions nicely, one of which caused $15,000 worth of damage! I’m still in awe of how well it took that hit! At the end of our lease we decided to go with a 2017 MKX which we have equally enjoyed (5 months now) other than the expected lower mileage. We changed to somewhat accommodate our 5 grandkids which was a minor MKC shortcoming. The MKX was a good move at the right time. One last thing. The MKC doesn’t ride “rough”, it rides a bit like a sportier, stoutly sprung sports car - and I enjoyed that! Don’t fear the 2015 MKC! It’s a great little SUV!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts