Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After exiting the car, the lights for the radio controls (volume, tuning and seek controls) remain on and the engine start/stop button light pulses from dim to bright.

I have turned off the Welcoming Lights and set the autolamp delay to zero.

Anyone else having this issue. Don't know if this will cause a battery problem or not.

I keep the key fob at least 30 feet from the car. so that can't be the issue.

·
Registered
214 Posts
After exiting the car, the lights for the radio controls (volume, tuning and seek controls) remain on and the engine start/stop button light pulses from dim to bright.

I have turned off the Welcoming Lights and set the autolamp delay to zero.

Anyone else having this issue. Don't know if this will cause a battery problem or not.

I keep the key fob at least 30 feet from the car. so that can't be the issue.
I have never heard of this problem. Have you called the dealership where you bought it?

Curious.....when was your car built?

·
Registered
524 Posts
Like mentioned above. I hope you contacted your dealer, which is what you should do. If you did, let us know what response you got from them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car was built in October and I purchased it at the first of Dec.

While all the other lights go out when I turn off the engine, the white background lights for the radio volume, tune and seek controls as well as the indicator for the CD load slot remain on for an additional ten minutes.

I talked to my service rep and the tech guy at the dealership and neither had heard of this.

I will take the car in next week and see what they can come up with. Hopefully they will find something and will be able to replicate the problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
start stop switch blinking

Did they ever find out why the start stop switch was blinking and the volume and tune buttons staying on..I have the same issue with one at the shop with battery going dead issues Response would be appreciated Thanks

·
Registered
214 Posts
Did they ever find out why the start stop switch was blinking and the volume and tune buttons staying on..I have the same issue with one at the shop with battery going dead issues Response would be appreciated Thanks
Hopefully someone will post who can help you. Unfortunately the forum member who originally posted about the problem, as you can see, has not posted since March. It would be really nice if people would come back and at least post whether or not there was a resolution to their problem and what it was.

Reactions: pdqford and DeMarco

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hopefully someone will post who can help you. Unfortunately the forum member who originally posted about the problem, as you can see, has not posted since March. It would be really nice if people would come back and at least post whether or not there was a resolution to their problem and what it was.
I guess some people either don't care or aren't as connected to a point its easy to find out about folks that replied to them.

Email gets sent directly to my phone so I see just about all the replies I get as they happen.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No luck at the dealership so far.

I am taking the car back in October to give them another chance.

I just make sure and lock my car with the key fob when I turn off the engine. That seems to make all the lights go out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts