Lincoln MKC Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi...

I'm only a few days into ownership and mostly loving the MKC.

can't figure out the source of an annoying chattering type rattle....sounds like it's coming from behind the back seats. I've taken out cargo cover and everything in the cargo area. can't pinpoint the location or the source.

I'm wondering if anyone else experienced this.

thanks in advance for any/all insight.....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Is there a spare, jack etc.. under the 'floor' of the cargo area? might look for that as a source.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, checking that today. I read through earlier posts about this here and have a few areas to check.

it's going to dealer tomorrow for We Owe fix of an interior piece so hopefully this dealer, which is new to me, will eradicate....

thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine does this intermittently as well. Mine sounds like the actual hatch door/latch when going over bumps. It hasn't done it for awhile, but it's very annoying when it does. I've tried everything, and read through the other thread.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We had the same thing on our 2015. Turns out it was a defective shock. There is a Ford recall on these, have the dealer do a search, I'll bet that's your issue. There was of course no charge on the repair.

Please let us know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: the dreaded "inversion" has been reached -- the dealer has had my new MKC for longer than I have!

they tried replacing struts from the cargo area -- not the cause.
they did the TSB for the rear liftgate -- still had the rattle.
I'm not sure if they checked the rear shocks. will ask tomorrow.
no idea at this point. very frustrating!

thanks for the input

·
Registered
192 Posts
a parabolic microphone and a few minutes would narrow it down. Mechanic version of it would be a tube/hose and your human ear. Move it around until you hear the sound in fullness.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Advisor says it's not the shocks. he can tell by the sound.

I'm not interested in antagonizing this service dept b/c they have seemed to be diligent but patience is not unlimited.

do I need to go the Concierge route for this? and does that effectively antagonize the service department against me?

thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so a postscript....after a long siege that rattle is gone. it seems there's more involved with the rear liftgate calibration than is reflected on the TSB. my very patient service advisor worked w/ the Ford hotline on several different remedies and eventually repositioned the striker on the latch assembly and noise is gone.

I was initially discouraged by the service experience (long story about the explanation they gave me initially....)but came away impressed that the service advisor and techs stayed after this and corrected it. as I said before, this is my first Ford vehicle and I'm coming from Toyota/Honda/Mazda.....fingers crossed.

thanks for all the suggestions and advice!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey moontom,
Thats great that you got rid of that thump noise,

I am like you ,
came from Toyota , Honda , Mazda,
But I'll be a happy camper with my MKC, ( and I am so far), as long as the the dealer/mfg don't treat me like I'm stupid,
and go all the way to satisfy me without a bunch of BS.

So far I'm satified,

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts